Paiste black alpha

The sound files sound great. Ppl on here will bash them and say they look like sh*t. Buy what sounds good.

Save yourself and your wallet the trouble and buy the regular alphas. In a few years you'll be banging your head against one, asking yourself what the hell drove you to buy black cymbals in the first place.

Are you into the sound of the Paiste/Zildjians, or are you into just the fact that the cymbals are black? Paiste used to offer the "ColorSound" treatment for any of their cymbals, for 30% more (something like that). You might want to check into that. I have a Paiste Red ColorSound 5 14" hats/20" ride "team". No regrets here.

Are you into the sound of the Paiste/Zildjians, or are you into just the fact that the cymbals are black? Paiste used to offer the "ColorSound" treatment for any of their cymbals, for 30% more (something like that). You might want to check into that. I have a Paiste Red ColorSound 5 14" hats/20" ride "team". No regrets here.
well i do like the fact there black i like the sound more importantly, i play everything for jazz to metal(mostly hard rock metal) i was also looking into the paiste pst5

well i do like the fact there black i like the sound more importantly, i play everything for jazz to metal(mostly hard rock metal) i was also looking into the paiste pst5

Just get the regular alphas. They are cheap for what they are and they sound good. Pros are starting to use them, especially metal drummers. I was at a show and heard them in a loud metal setting and was impressed when I realized they were alpha's that this guy was playing.

The Zildjian flubs.

Scimitar
Platinum (1980's)
Black Cymbals
ZXT (of any kind)
ZBT

I don't get the concept of having a crappy cymbal, painting it black and calling it something else. It's still a crappy cymbal by any other color.

Scimitar,,,, there's a word I haven't heard in years. I had a crash ride back in the late 80's. It was the worst cymbal I ever had. I actually gave it away.

Paiste sent us the black Alpha splashes and China's at the drum shop I work at, like Solaris said, buy normal Alphas. As far as I know Joey Jordison never even used Alphas, I thought he used Signatures? I think Paiste really are just using his name and coating the cymbals black because they know little kid wannabe drummers who'd rather be able to say "I have Joey Jordison cymbals" than actually develop their own sound and be a real drummer will but them, it's all marketing I tell ya! As for the Zildjians, although I'm a Z guy I must say the Pitch Black series are just as bad. I mean seriously why why WHY would you want them? The coating on them makes them feel really plasticy and they sound terrible! When we got them in I set them up on display and played them to test them out, it sounded as thought there were real cymbals under the black coating, and they were screaming to get out but the black coating just sat there and choked the sound. I'm ashamed of you Zildjian! And I'm ashamed of you Paiste, for selling out and creating cymbals with a name on it purely because you know the metal-heads will but them because it says "Joey Jordison"!

Well, thats "my two cents" as you yanks say :)

Up to you really, it's your money.

They are like black T-shirts. Every teenage boy should have at least 2 of them. Save your money, and buy some decent used cymbals if you can't afford new ones. Ebay has cymbals all day long that will sound great for years.

Paiste sent us the black Alpha splashes and China's at the drum shop I work at, like Solaris said, buy normal Alphas. As far as I know Joey Jordison never even used Alphas, I thought he used Signatures? I think Paiste really are just using his name and coating the cymbals black because they know little kid wannabe drummers who'd rather be able to say "I have Joey Jordison cymbals" than actually develop their own sound and be a real drummer will but them, it's all marketing I tell ya! As for the Zildjians, although I'm a Z guy I must say the Pitch Black series are just as bad. I mean seriously why why WHY would you want them? The coating on them makes them feel really plasticy and they sound terrible! When we got them in I set them up on display and played them to test them out, it sounded as thought there were real cymbals under the black coating, and they were screaming to get out but the black coating just sat there and choked the sound. I'm ashamed of you Zildjian! And I'm ashamed of you Paiste, for selling out and creating cymbals with a name on it purely because you know the metal-heads will but them because it says "Joey Jordison"!

Well, thats "my two cents" as you yanks say :)

Up to you really, it's your money.

What he said!

I'm good mates with quite a few guys in at my drum store, so I'm in there a fair bit catching up and just seeing what new stock is there. I swear every kid 16 and below goes straight for the Pitch Blacks as soon as they see the cymbal wall. "Those look cool," "Yeah I bet they sound awesome," "mum, can I get this one?" etc... Honestly though I don't think I've ever seen one sold, as soon as they put it on the cymbal stand they tend to change their minds. Those guys must have a hard time moving them.

Those guys must have a hard time moving them.

I think our Alphas are gonna end up on a dusty shelf in the stockroom. . . . I sure as hell ain't buyin 'em XD

basically whats the best cymbals for like under 500 dollars or even under 400

Umm I'm gunna guess $500 is around £250ish GBP? 240-260 give or take yeah?

The Paiste PST5's are gunna be thicker than your 'normal' cymbals seeing as they are from a Rock set, so they should stand up to a good bashing. Not sure about Sabian B8's since I've never heard them being played and I don't know anyone that has them. I prefer Paiste's sound to Sabian anyway. Don't know what else to say really! =/ Maybe even try Zildjian's ZBT's, they are the cheapest sheet bronze Zildjian do but then, if you can afford Paiste PST5's I'd get them, because they are better than ZBT's by far. ZXT would be a next step up or even ZHT, which I can vouch for since I'm using them! XD

Happy Hunting :p

What he said!

I'm good mates with quite a few guys in at my drum store, so I'm in there a fair bit catching up and just seeing what new stock is there. I swear every kid 16 and below goes straight for the Pitch Blacks as soon as they see the cymbal wall. "Those look cool," "Yeah I bet they sound awesome," "mum, can I get this one?" etc... Honestly though I don't think I've ever seen one sold, as soon as they put it on the cymbal stand they tend to change their minds. Those guys must have a hard time moving them.

LOL Paiste and Zildjian rely on gimmicks to sell stuff! Black Alphas are absolutely horrible. I hate JJ, so everytime I see the S on them, someone has to die. They sound worse then regular Alphas too. I know Dave Witte (Municipal Waste) uses Alphas and they sound like pro-level cymbals! If you want bang-for-your-buck, Alphas are the way to go. NOT BLACK ALPHAS. The fact is though, Zildjian Pitched-Blacks are worse. They sound like plastic toys. The 20" Crash/Ride is the only OK sounding cymbal. The china sickens me. The fact is, every little Slipknot fan will want some, but I really havent seen many sold! Every pitched black cymbal at guitar center was there 6 months ago. They just sound bad! Get regular Alphas. Or, go with Sabian, who never use gimmicks :)

Umm I'm gunna guess $500 is around £250ish GBP? 240-260 give or take yeah?

The Paiste PST5's are gunna be thicker than your 'normal' cymbals seeing as they are from a Rock set, so they should stand up to a good bashing. Not sure about Sabian B8's since I've never heard them being played and I don't know anyone that has them. I prefer Paiste's sound to Sabian anyway. Don't know what else to say really! =/ Maybe even try Zildjian's ZBT's, they are the cheapest sheet bronze Zildjian do but then, if you can afford Paiste PST5's I'd get them, because they are better than ZBT's by far. ZXT would be a next step up or even ZHT, which I can vouch for since I'm using them! XD

Happy Hunting :p

thank you guys for all the help

Back