ddrum series..

bojangleman

Platinum Member
I think the Dios and Dominion were their top of the line wood shell, and the Diode was the top of the line acrylic.But actually, they have a "custom" shop. That's where the real quality drums come out of. I'm having trouble getting onto their web site right now. See if you have better luck.

ddrum really get a bad rap for some reason, but I actually bought one of their lower end kits for travel gigs and have been really happy. I'm sure their high-end stuff holds up against anyone elses out there.

Dominions are "mystery" maple. Though it's one of Ddrums better kits.

But they're Dios and Custom Shops are BEAUTIFUL

One of my many drum buddies baught the ultra rare tiger eye bubinga custom kit or whatever and it's unbelievably gorgeous. The sound is killer on all the Dois/Custom kits, too.

so you guys think its a pretty good price?

Alex

the ddrum? yes, but your Yamaha is still better?

What is the point of this thread? Having second thoughts?

Don't worry, your Yamaha is top notch. It's "real" maple, and it's made by a trusted brand.

haa...naw, it wouldnt be in place of my yamaha...but it would replace my CB's....and be my travel kit basically..

i dont know the sizes...all i know is the kick is a 22x20...

Alex

Normally their sizes are shorter toms. 10x8, 12x8, 14x12, 16x12/14. That's why I don't like them much anymore, no power toms.

I own a ddrum maple pocket kit that was well under $1000. It's lighter in weight than other kits and very portable.

I replaced the factory heads with Remo clear pinstripes on the toms and OMG does the kit boom. I have an Aquarian superkick II on the batter side and matching ported reso on the front side of the bassdrum. For a 20" bass drum, it's been known to assist a cardiac arrest patient regain their normal arythmia.

The 13X7 matching snare sounded the best with an Evans G2 with center dampener on it.

Here's a pix from last February when it was about 100 degrees below zero. Hence the pull-over. (we hadn't started the gig yet)

DSC01292.jpg

ha...thanks man!

kit looks nice!

looks like a cool gig!

Alex

Thanks! It is a cool gig. We play in nonsmoking bars so my kits are clean.

Hmmm these ddrums could become for sale if you were looking for a well cared for kit to get you started. If you have any interest, PM me.

If you have some other ddrum kits in mind, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the amount of "cool" that comes with one.

I have the Defiant series 6-piece double bass kit. I'm pretty happy with it, good wood, sweet colors, all around good. However, the Defiant is on the lower end, so I'm sure the upper class kits are quite brutal.

I'm actually about to buy this exact kit! I'll post pictures and a review when I get it. I played a ddrum Dominion snare in the jazz band at school and I loved it.

I own a ddrum maple pocket kit that was well under $1000. It's lighter in weight than other kits and very portable.

I replaced the factory heads with Remo clear pinstripes on the toms and OMG does the kit boom. I have an Aquarian superkick II on the batter side and matching ported reso on the front side of the bassdrum. For a 20" bass drum, it's been known to assist a cardiac arrest patient regain their normal arythmia.

The 13X7 matching snare sounded the best with an Evans G2 with center dampener on it.

Here's a pix from last February when it was about 100 degrees below zero. Hence the pull-over. (we hadn't started the gig yet)

I have that exact same kit... Iron Dust finish, Maple Pocket kit. Mine was $549 brand new and it sounds great! I did have a cracked shell initially, but it was replaced.

haha...im not just starting out..but thanks!

i have a near top of the line Yamaha kit anyway...the ddrum would just be my small gigging kit..

Alex
Yamaha has a lot of lines, I like them all.

Phx
Maple Custom
Recording Custom
Maple Absolute
Birch Absolute
Oak Custom
Tour Custom <-- You are here
Stage Custom
Rydeen (discontinued?)

Last edited:
haha..i know...but its maple.

and those other ones are to exspensive to be considered not custom :p

jp

Alex

Where is the maple from on the Tour line? I've never known, do you?

Actually, where does Yamaha get their maple from in general (MC kits too)

Back