What is the best type of double pedal?

drumeyers13

I currently have a pacific double pedal, and am looking to reinvest.

If everyone could post what they think is the best based on experience preferably, so that I can get an idea of what I should look for.

Price isn't to big of a deal, since I plan on checking out ebay and what not.

Basically, a general consensus so I can avoid making a bad purchase.

-Thanks folks.

Well it is entirely based on peference. As is everything when buying drums.

But for me i have iron cobras which are alright but are heavy and alright for rock drumming, bu ti play metal and i dont really like them. Thats why this weekend im going to go put an order out for the axis A series longboard pedals. They are so light, and adjust in so many ways and the direct linkage form the pedal to the beater feels so smooth and nice. Its much more responsive which is good for fast tempo double bassing

There are eleven hundred and eleventy teen posts on bass drum pedals already. There could be a whole webpage on pedals. Check the other posts on this page for all of them.

Well it is entirely based on peference. As is everything when buying drums.

But for me i have iron cobras which are alright but are heavy and alright for rock drumming, bu ti play metal and i dont really like them. Thats why this weekend im going to go put an order out for the axis A series longboard pedals. They are so light, and adjust in so many ways and the direct linkage form the pedal to the beater feels so smooth and nice. Its much more responsive which is good for fast tempo double bassing

i also play iron cobras and they feel light to me... very light. i was looking at dw 5000s and iron cobras mainly and the dws felt much heavier and slower.

i played the pacific double pedals for almost 5 years and they were good pedals, but since i bought new pedals i have been playing much better with the kick foot.

what is your budget?

and please use the search bar before posting a new thread on a common topic.

i also play iron cobras and they feel light to me... very light. i was looking at dw 5000s and iron cobras mainly and the dws felt much heavier and slower.

i played the pacific double pedals for almost 5 years and they were good pedals, but since i bought new pedals i have been playing much better with the kick foot.

what is your budget?

and please use the search bar before posting a new thread on a common topic.

I dont have a buget

I just got a nice fat paycheck plus some irthday money so im not worried about the cost

And yeah its just preference i really like axis
good quality pedal, always has been always will be

Re: What is the ¿BEST? type of double pedal?

WHOA!! That's a pretty subjective issue man!!

What's best for ME might not work for YOU at ALL!!

I've landed on using a CAM driven pedal, (I use an Iron Cobra and a DW 5000 accelerator) NOT one with a round sprocket, as the added tension at the END of the stroke of the cam makes it bounce AWAY from the drum head and doesn't give me multiple involuntary notes from laying on the head AFTER kicking a note. Also it provides my playing with a bit more power on impact whereas the round sprocket is even tension throughout the stroke.

While that might make sense to EVERYBODY from a physics point of view, it might not work for YOU a BIT!!

Just my take on the situation.

HA HA !! You're gonna think I'm kidding, but I get EXACTLY the opposite!!

TO ME, my DW 5000 feels a lot lighter AND faster than the IC. That's why I say it's such a subjective issue. It's all about how it works for the individual.

I currently have a pacific double pedal, and am looking to reinvest.

If everyone could post what they think is the best based on experience preferably, so that I can get an idea of what I should look for.

Price isn't to big of a deal, since I plan on checking out ebay and what not.

Basically, a general consensus so I can avoid making a bad purchase.

-Thanks folks.

Is there something that you are not liking about your pacific double pedal? I was looking at buying one...what are you doing with your pacific double?

Is there something that you are not liking about your pacific double pedal? I was looking at buying one...what are you doing with your pacific double?

I have had my pacific double pedal for about 5 years.

They are just super flimsy, and they play as if they were poorly constructed. Mine always flop around and adjusting them seems impossible. I just really need to reinvest and get something that is built better, more durable and easier to adjust.

What do I plan on doing with it? I don't really know, probably try to sell it at some point.

The Trick Pro 1-V is the best pedal on the market.

Does it have the greatest value? No. The Pearl Eliminators and IC's do.

The Trick Pro 1-V is the best pedal on the market.

Does it have the greatest value? No. The Pearl Eliminators and IC's do.

I would give the "Best Pedal on the Market" Award to the Axis A Longboards.

You're bang-on about the Pearl Elims being the best value though.

I would give the "Best Pedal on the Market" Award to the Axis A Longboards.

You're bang-on about the Pearl Elims being the best value though.
The best pedal on the market is the one that plays best under your feet.

I've played Axis pedals and I just can't stand them. Too bad because their craftsmanship is second to NONE!! It's the best QUALITY pedal on the market, but it's geometry doesn't work for me at all!!

That being said, you had better take more than people's opinions on pedals, you MUST try them. Whether it be friends letting you borrow one to test it out, or see if the store has a return policy BEFORE you buy it. Imagine how much it would suck to pay a multitude of hundreds in cash only to find out you've bought a paperweight!

You might wanna think USED as you can simply re-sell it for what you paid for it on Craigslist or something similar.

I spent a LOT of money on great quality pedals because I didn't understand what it was that made a pedal work for me.

Back