What kind of Yammies are these?

Only reason I got Ludwig was my Yamaha deal only covered guitar and bass, and I could get old beater Classics cheaper than old beater RCs. Actually I couldn’t find old beater RCs. People who have them must actually take care of them ;)
I have an old beater RC.

Beaten up and miss used so much that I kind of hate its looks (see what the drum world has done to us. If it was a guitar it was relic and sick to have).

96DD11F9-E141-4914-8111-6D9A71B4C633.jpegBF3D5AAF-2FCD-4FB9-B04A-618E7B8421C6.jpeg

But love its sound.

Other than a little scarring on the kick, they look pretty good to me. Where were you when I was shopping??? ;)
Good question 😂

Also if you look closely its all over the place. Heavy scarring, some missing and switched out badges, and even an extra mount on the 16 floor so you can hang it.

Spend way too much money on them too.

But its sort of ok. I can at least enjoy its incredible sound.

Last edited:
I don't know if the drum factory will be going out of business, they seem to backed by a large corporation. From the videos I've seen of their new factory the drum making staff is surprisingly small.
I always imagined Yamaha drums to be a large mount of workers on an automotive plant sized assembly line. Nope.

Last edited:
Nuff said

Last edited:
Back