What's your latest purchase?

18" kick?

It is! My first. My other kits are 20 and 22. Surprisingly, using the very light velcro pillow they supplied this kick sounds fantastic. Very focused. I wanted a bop kit for some of the smaller and "boomier" rooms I play in.

Congratulations!
You are going to love I am sure.
Lots of people will comment or ask, “are you gigging with it?” lol
I have a three sided one for home and never see me going back to stands.
Thanks Ronzo

l have used racks before but always go back to stands. This simple front rack allows me to set up my kit in wank mode, which should amuse the magpies that gather in my yard.

lf l can turn wankery into music then l will possibly gig with it.

have a great weekend

Barry

Congratulations!

There's another way
My gigging kit has no rack, no cymbal or tom stand bases. It's got a snare stand and a hihat stand only. The ride, 2 crashes, 2 splashes and cowbells all mount on clamp arms or the kick mounted tom stalk.

Congratulations!

same...I got the same rack, 3 sided, used, and gig with it. sometimes I only use 2 of the sides, but it is so nice to have everything exactly where it was when I set up

I ordered two 10/12/14 packs of Remo Coated Vintage Emperors, which is what I usually use.
A few days later I got an email saying they were back ordered, but there was nothing on the site about it.
I waited a couple weeks and then when they said they didn't have an arrival date, I canceled the order.

So I picked up a set of 10/12/14 Evans G2 Coated in person at the local GC.
I'm going to try to see if they sound anywhere similar.
From the specs, it seems like they should.

Last edited:
So I picked up a set of 10/12/14 Evans G2 Coated in person at the local GC.
I'm going to try, to see if they sound anywhere similar.
From the specs, it seems like they should.
Looking forward to your evaluation/comparison.

When I went from Remo to Evans the difference surprising.

Looking forward to your evaluation/comparison.

When I went from Remo to Evans the difference surprising.
Don't want to sidetrack, so I'll keep it short.
To my ears (didn't do a spectrum analysis), tuned the same, the G2's bring out more mids and the Emporers bring out more lows.
The G2's also have a bit more sustain. No idea how well the coating holds up.
Close enough for rock n' roll, and I'll certainly use them, but given the choice, I'll stick with the Remos.

Last edited:
I just bought 3 of ACD Unlimited's direct-drive conversion kits for my single and double Speed Cobra pedals. I was starting to return to my Yamaha direct drive, but figured I'd give this a try. Super easy to install and they feel great. Light and quick. My doubles are faster. Dennis at ACD does excellent work.

ACDUnlimited_SpeedCobraDirectDrive_1_sm.jpg
ACDUnlimited_SpeedCobraDirectDrive_2_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Update: My brand new Yamaha Tour Custom shell pack did not impress me for many reasons. I sent it back. Cost me $114. Very disappointed. Thanks Sweetwaterl
I'm curious what about them you didn't like, if you don't mind going into it? BTW, there is a prominent online drum shop that sells all of the Yamaha line except the Tour Customs. When I asked them about it, they said they just don't stock them - but can certainly order them. That seemed odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: A J
Update: My brand new Yamaha Tour Custom shell pack did not impress me for many reasons. I sent it back. Cost me $114. Very disappointed. Thanks Sweetwaterl

You should make a dedicated thread / review.

I'm curious too - lots of competition at that price point - would be cool to get your thoughts!

I’d be curious too. I love my Tour Custom.

Reactions: A J
Back