What's your latest purchase?

Agree, Tama hardware Is amazing!!!
Was talking with another drummer about hardware failures. Tama failed me twice in the 90s but it was probably the same stand. A boom stand knuckle joint via a lever knob that tightens and sets the boom angle stripped. The base of the stand that tightens the slip leg into place stripped too.
I say probably the same stand because I removed the boom part and used the base for a dual tom mount because it was a tilt stand. The boom went on a non-tilt base.
I bought the stand new.

Was talking with another drummer about hardware failures. Tama failed me twice in the 90s but it was probably the same stand. A boom stand knuckle joint via a lever knob that tightens and sets the boom angle stripped. The base of the stand that tightens the slip leg into place stripped too.
I say probably the same stand because I removed the boom part and used the base for a dual tom mount because it was a tilt stand. The boom went on a non-tilt base.
I bought the stand new.
I'm sorry for your bad experience, you bought Tama again?

Pearl 3rd generation piano black 14x6.5 Free Floater snare used in immaculate condition.
2 brand new curved cymbal arms.
These new curved arms are super practical. They helped me a lot to put more cymbals on the kit and they look awesome. I have 5 on the kit

How do you like them @Klaid ?

I once had the opportunity to test them on my set (that's the best part about those 3 years eating tons of dust from drywall and mineral wool - now we have lots of musicians at our place sharing, lending, testing, playing together). It was the most buttery, fat, silky and broad sound I ever heard from a pair of hi hats - not sharp, not sandy, not bright, not clanging, not washy, not dark, not over-emphasizing any frequency range nor having any spikes, not loud (yay!) - with a *perfect* stick articulation. Compared to my very assertive, bright and sharp Paiste 2002 Heavy 14" they feel like a thick wool blanket compared to a thermal blanket.

Since Paiste is very consistent in what they actually deliver, this is a good example of what to expect:

The second he hit the top hat with the tip of the stick first made me goose bumps while listening with my Sennheiser HD599 for the first time.

They arrived today, together with a new head for my snare drum, I'll report back this evening (your guys noon/afternoon).

Excited Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

I once had the opportunity to test them on my set (that's the best part about those 3 years eating tons of dust from drywall and mineral wool - now we have lots of musicians at our place sharing, lending, testing, playing together). It was the most buttery, fat, silky and broad sound I ever heard from a pair of hi hats - not sharp, not sandy, not bright, not clanging, not washy, not dark, not over-emphasizing any frequency range nor having any spikes, not loud (yay!) - with a *perfect* stick articulation. Compared to my very assertive, bright and sharp Paiste 2002 Heavy 14" they feel like a thick wool blanket compared to a thermal blanket.

Since Paiste is very consistent in what they actually deliver, this is a good example of what to expect:

The second he hit the top hat with the tip of the stick first made me goose bumps while listening with my Sennheiser HD599 for the first time.

They arrived today, together with a new head for my snare drum, I'll report back this evening (your guys noon/afternoon).

Excited Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street
Well said. My pair hasn’t left my kit in years.

602MEHats.jpg

I purchased a Xenyx 12 ch. for home use. There's gonna be some learning going on here. I've been using a dinosaur Peavey 7 ch. powered mixer with no effects except a spring reverb. Now I need a power amp.

Attachments

• 20220922_154751.jpg
    20220922_154751.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Okay, this was not what I expected from my day in the studio...

Shortly before I was going to leave the house heading to the studio my phone rang, one of our tenants (a guy running a project studio) called me. I was confronted with loud beeping noises and him yelling that the Klangwerk is burning! I was like yeah sure, don't shit me. And turn that horrible noise off, douche! He went on yelling, so it quickly became clear that it was actually really friggin' urgent. I jumped into the car and rushed there. In the meantime he found the source of the huge amount of smoke - a peat fire in one of the plants, lit by his wife - who is also our cleaning woman. She wanted to do us all a favor by burning an incense stick she stuck into the well watered plant earlier today. Lucky us my business partner is also head of the local firefighters, so he called the fire brigade from a village next to us which operates a powerful blowing machine to deal with building saturated with smoke.

IMG_20220923_172248.jpg

Guess what happened - Supergrobi had to jump at his chance!!1 (Actually substituting the missing cape with the door mat)

Later today the guys came back to collect the machine and to have a beer or three with us.

IMG_20220923_191743.jpg

So eventually my tests where a bit too brief. But from what I can tell I stand with my statement - the most buttery, fat, silky and broad hi hat I ever heard. It's a bit sad that I also have to get a new ride, my beloved Twenty Custom 24" Full Ride is a bit too ... assertive now compared to the hats (I feel you @Klaid :cool:). Although my 2002 Thin Crashes 16 and 18 and the 2002 splash all fit very well sound and volume wise. Seems these are the hats they can throw after me into my grave after they cremated me using my DW Collectors.

Back