Drumset on wheels

So 2'-11" is your limiting factor without unloading the cart. Are we going to try to make it squishable as well, like a captured leaf table, so it can get bigger to play on once in the park?
hell, if we are doing all of this engineering, and we don't make it move itself, we are not doing it right...don't forget the rechargeable electric motor!!

I'll consider a customization solution using off-the-shelf rack components from the major drum suppliers out there - Gibralter, DW, Tama, Pearl, etc - but I'm prepared to make do with a made-to-fit, non-adjusting, rack if it means keeping the weight down.

I mean how comfortable do you need to be when your practice space can be anywhere? Hopefully though, there will be room in the design to fill everyone's need.

Hopefully though, there will be room in the design to fill everyone's need.
That's a big lift. This is a pretty single purpose item. Which is fine. You have definite perimeters you want to meet. But the two big impediments to this rig (for most peoples uses) are stairs. and vehicle size.

So 2'-11" is your limiting factor without unloading the cart. Are we going to try to make it squishable as well, like a captured leaf table, so it can get bigger to play on once in the park?
I think we have to get a working prototype that has a functional base/platform first.

That's a big lift. This is a pretty single purpose item. Which is fine. You have definite perimeters you want to meet. But the two big impediments to this rig (for most peoples uses) are stairs. and vehicle size.
This has a specific use case for a lunchtime jam in the park or anywhere within a couple block radius of one's office space. There's no target market, but if it's made light enough, a couple of hinges and latches and this could be made to be portable.

The electronics that drive the two legs on an adjustable height work desk could be repurposed to drive self-retracting castors. Servo motors that are run at the exact same frequency, perform the work they're connected to in perfect unison. And @Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX is right - if we're installing a power source, then we might as well go for motorized transport, led light show, GPS navigation for autopilot, etc etc.

This has a specific use case for a lunchtime jam in the park or anywhere within a couple block radius of one's office space. There's no target market, but if it's made light enough, a couple of hinges and latches and this could be made to be portable.

The electronics that drive the two legs on an adjustable height work desk could be repurposed to drive self-retracting castors. Servo motors that are run at the exact same frequency, perform the work they're connected to in perfect unison. And @Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX is right - if we're installing a power source, then we might as well go for motorized transport, led light show, GPS navigation for autopilot, etc etc.
Make It Rain Money GIF

and we are calling it the

"Beatz To GoKart"

we might need a CDL to operate it in the end....

I think for starters we should take the 30" base from the Gibralter Rolling Field Rack (has what looks like pneumatic wheels) and merge in pieces from the Gibralter GRSRR. The difference between the two is the Rolling Field Rack has a crossbar embedded into the base, creating a barrier to lowering the kick. The GRSRR has the cross bar between two vertical posts with the option to mount the non-virgin kick using the tom mount.

Because of the overhang of the pneumatic caster plates, you'd have to cut down the 30" base supports if you want to get it through a 35" door. The GRSRR uses 20" base supports.

EDIT: I just hate to think of the wear on the bass drum shell from all the vibration coming through the tom mount. Need to think about using the kick spurs for a support point as well.

And for the cycle guys.

Attachments

• Motorcycle Kit Staccato BD copy.jpg
    Motorcycle Kit Staccato BD copy.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3
Back