Van Halen, Jump (in pain).

Oof to the ouch, but it sounds good and you look like you're having fun through the pain.

Bonus points for booking who I can only imagine is the Time Wizard on the Ric.
Thanks, & yes, Ric plays Ric, & has his own vibe going on :p
So true of many recordings when played live by the artist/artists. Too much is made of hitting everything note for note , iconic familiar parts and fills aside.
So long as the feel is kept and everything fits like you’ve done it’s all good .
For me, it depends on the agreed direction of the cover act. For sure, tribute act = every note as original, but every other format is open to interpretation. That said, the starting point should only ever be the ability to deliver the original part, with any deviation on the basis of a defined purpose.

I've watched this several times now Andy and I'm still smiling even though I hate Van Halen.
I’ll accept joy derived on the basis of amusement 🤣

... Maybe have smoke come out my butt so I can leave smoke trails while I flip? No fire-yikes! Show you how "US" yanks do it...

I love you a lot, Art, but not that much. ;) Maybe I could just hold your hand?

No Fire? Don't forget - on Andy's stage you'd be "Fired Up!"

I love you a lot, Art, but not that much. ;) Maybe I could just hold your hand?

No Fire? Don't forget - on Andy's stage you'd be "Fired Up!"
Dang you're right Smoke-silly me. Well the singer and I will draw straws who gets fire and the other smoke. This could be epic-Rammstein can eat it. LOL. Maybe the next song some Deep Purple- smoke on the water ….fire in the sky. It would be awesome. Absolutely no Jerry Lee Lewis.

Last edited:
Dang you're right Smoke-silly me. Well the singer and I will draw straws who gets fire and the other smoke. This could be epic-Rammstein can eat it. LOL. Maybe the next song some Deep Purple- smoke on the water ….fire in the sky. It would be awesome. Absolutely no Jerry Lee Lewis.
I don't mind being on the water or getting in your eyes, but coming out of someone's backside is where I draw the line. :oops: ;)

Back