Need an energy boost

Kaiser

Hi
Our toddler decided to keep me awake all night and I have gig later this evening. What do you do to get through a gig when youre feeling exhausted?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi
Our toddler decided to keep me awake all night and I have gig later this evening. What do you do to get through a gig when youre feeling exhausted?

Coffee, Mountain Dew, and carbs. Those Starbucks Doubleshot energy drinks aren't too shabby either.

I don't suggest this every day, but do what you gotta do.

Also, just wanted to say that I've been there! I have three kids who are older, but I remember the exhaustion like it was yesterday.
When it comes to raising little kids, the days are long but the years are fast.

Diet Coke is my energy boost, preferably with a light meal high on green stuff and low on meat, without too many carbs, a couple hours before.

I got a Breville espresso machine and Rancilio coffee grinder for help.

Hi

Good question. If you’re young slam some strong coffee a bit before going on stage. Don’t drink too early or benefits will be lessened. Power drink? Never tried them

Monster Energy Zero Ultra, Sugar Free. White can. I typically do not consume energy drinks but these will do the trick and it actually tastes pretty good

Nights like that, I take a thermos of green tea and a few bananas to the gig. Knowing I will be tired, I also drink LOTS of water during the day.

I usually show up early at venues. I like to setup and relax. If I am tired I sneak in 20min power naps after setup/soundcheck and before 1st set. Usually the green tea and bananas, and enthusiasm for playing out, keep me going after that.

Last edited:
Kids-they all seem to have a sense of your stress and when important events are upcoming as babies so get sick and keep you up all night. Been their many times-I remember one time my professor asked me into his office to ask me if I were drunk or stoned because my eyes were so red-I wanted to punch him as I lamented my kid was up all frigging night and reminded him I have a newborn. I guess people forget. Kids give you all kinds of cooties too-just a festering pool of viruses and whatnot as a critical time for them to build their immunity. The worse was this viral conjunctivitis that was mild in my daughter but my eyes poured pus for three weeks-I wanted to die.
You can always drop by a truck stop - someone can help you. My bad.

Kids-they all seem to have a sense of your stress and when important events are upcoming as babies so get sick and keep you up all night. Been their many times-I remember one time my professor asked me into his office to ask me if I were drunk or stoned because my eyes were so red-I wanted to punch him as I lamented my kid was up all frigging night and reminded him I have a newborn. I guess people forget. Kids give you all kinds of cooties too-just a festering pool of viruses and whatnot as a critical time for them to build their immunity. The worse was this viral conjunctivitis that was mild in my daughter but my eyes poured pus for three weeks-I wanted to die.
You can always drop by a truck stop - someone can help you. My bad.
[/QUOTE
Hi

I liken this to going onstage when you’re sick. Then again, Covid has changed the rules it seems.

Hi

I know hockey players can sometimes be seen drinking flat coke for energy when the games go into multiple overtimes in the playoffs.

Back