What's your latest purchase?

Just picked this Meinl 18 in flat up cheap from GC for $50 bucks.
Nice woody flat ride sound.
Appears to be B20 alloy.
View attachment 120510

Originally it also came with a drumbal sort of top (a wavy splash like cymbal)
Generation-X cymbalss are not B20 btw, but an alloy called FX9

You haven't played a Dunnett until you've played a Titanium Dunnett.
Karen and Thrice were both beautiful snares that were so dry, dust was always flying off them.
The stainless kits are some of the warmest drums I've ever played on, as well.
Yes, I heard that, a lot but when I listen to files on YouTube, I don't like it that much. That said, Aluminium was first after brass in my list when I learnt he that it was quite dry and even the driest of the type of metal, I had the too much ring in mind which was for Steel of course so, kind of lost a bit..But that was 2 years ago. So, if I buy a cooler and a bronze and I still want another metal, I might try a Titanium though...thanks for the heads up

Does that snare drum have two different badges?
I didn't know they were doing repop Keystones now.

Brand new LM402 Supra. I saved $65 on this Sweetwater "demo" drum that arrived in pristine condition with unplayed heads. Factory dated by Ludwig on May 3rd, 2022.
A classic and deservedly so.

I was sitting in for another drummer a couple of years ago and rehearsing with the band at the guitarist's house. The guitar player provided the drum kit for me to use. After a couple of songs, I was thinking: "WTF is this snare drum?!? It sounds amazing!" Surprise surprise; it was an LM402.

I have an LM400 and it is superb but I still want an LM402. Congrats on the new acquisition!

Does that snare drum have two different badges?
I didn't know they were doing repop Keystones now.
Dunno what "repop" means, but, B-stock Supras have B/O badges. Sweetwater has been blowing out demo drums this month, so I suppose @Out of Round scored a demo A-stock keystone.

Nothing drier than Titanium, Quai....personal experience.
Ok, thanks, today I tuned and played the Shares I received this week-end, the INDé Cherry Single ply, you aube seen the pictures, the Tama Starphonic Maple Mappa Burl 14 X 6, awesome, and the Dunnet Aluminium (Titanium will be next time!!) 14 X 6.5, pictures below, Kappa Burl is so better in real with all the satin/almost ami glossy finish and the Aluminium, pfffff too good.
Pictures of the Dunnet Aluminium are crap, sorry for the photo with basic tablet.
image (13).jpegimage (12).jpegimage (11).jpegIMG_20220627_081913.jpgimage (4).jpegIMG_20220627_182926.jpgimage (7).jpegimage (8).jpegimage (9).jpeg

Well, I wasn't planning to buy that much but being in a forum like this helped me remember that I had fallen in love with drums when I was 16, taking lessons for 6 months before coming back to keys, my first Instruments so, as I have always been wanting to have a drums kit and a collection of instruments, I thought that snares could be a good opportunity to have a small collection, my goal is maybe 10?? I like a lot Supraphonic but maybe only because it was the snare of Steve Gadd so, when I realized that Ron Dunnet wanted to build a snare better that his beloved Supraphonic 402 and that he considers he succeeded, because of the tune lugs, I bought this one instead of the Supraphonic.

I'm 100% in favor of keeping a stable of cymbals and snares for recording sessions. My ambitions are probably less than yours, but the idea is the same: have the gear on hand for the session.

Live? Nah. My current set is more than up to the task of stage work. That said, when I get my 14"x5" Ludwig Supraphonic, it'll have tube lugs, because yeah, they look right to me. :)

The pics were taken of the same drum within minutes of each other. Not sure what you're talking about.
The top picture shows a pre-serial keystone badge.
The bottom picture shows a modern laser etched large gold keystone badge.
I think you may have posted one of them in error.

@Elvis they only sent the one drum with a single brass badge on the vent hole. It looks blank in one shots because light is washing it out.
What are you talking about? What looks blank? I never said anything about anything being blank.

Back