I just discovered the band Rammstein

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Just learned about them last week, started listening to them and watching some of their videos. It's been interesting.

Interesting videos is right.

Was a huge fan when Herzeleid came out, it has a raw and crunchy edge about it that actually rocks.

When Sehnsucht came I was upset that they became more techno and dance reliant.

I got put off by them after watching them in the FV tour when I was a teen, song fittingly and the literal act was Buck Dich with a member (pun intended) lol.

Still like the band, I’ve froze out anything later than their Mutter album, though a new song will come up from time to time in my feed, Till is something else.

Love their early stuff. I'll have to bring them up on Spotify again and have another listen to their newer stuff and see what it's about.

I found myself watching this recent video pretty often in the last weeks. I have the feeling that it is way better than the Spotify version, but I can't explain exactly why... 😇

• Haha
Reactions: iCe
I've always liked the band and their sound, especially their riffs. I tend to prefer their kind of "ballady" songs like Nebel.
I'm not too much into some of their lyrics, though. And I don't really watch their videos at all, but then I don't really
watch music videos generally. Don't know why, but they never interested me.

They're really one of a kind, that's for sure.

Mutter seems to be one of my favourite albums, but Reise Reise is a great album, and so is their latest one, Zeit.
For those who haven't got past Mutter, be sure to check them out!

I've always liked the band and their sound, especially their riffs. I tend to prefer their kind of "ballady" songs like Nebel.
I'm not too much into some of their lyrics, though. And I don't really watch their videos at all, but then I don't really
watch music videos generally. Don't know why, but they never interested me.

They're really one of a kind, that's for sure.

Mutter seems to be one of my favourite albums, but Reise Reise is a great album, and so is their latest one, Zeit.
For those who haven't got past Mutter, be sure to check them out!
Mutter was a very good album, but my taste shifted away that time.
Sonne was my favorite on that one.

Right around ‘98-‘99 I became more intrigued with In Extremo, Stahlhammer, and the Rammstein environment became a side line.

What I liked about Rammstein’s first album Herzeleid was that it wasn’t a cookie cutter of heavy techno songs with two guitars and bass sharing the same riff, there was a lead and rhythm aspect to it - with solos.

It has flavor, one of my favorites by them happens to be off that album, a ballad called Seeman.

Beautiful bass melody that commands the entire song.

Come to think of it, it’s crazy cool that they are still together considering performance risks; and, show after show continue to put firefighters on edge performing at their local venues.

Germany is my neighbor so I'm used to the language, I grew up watching and hearing a lot of German tv and radio.
However, the hard rock music Rammstein makes, sung in German keeps on sounding odd to me.
Like it isn't an easy fit. But that probably is just me.

Rammstein is definitely an unique band out there. When i started going out early 2000's Mutter was released and was a huge hit over here. Still remember the video's of Ich Will and Links 2 3 4 and finding them odldy appealing. In my old fav pub they played those songs (and others like Engel) a lot and me a my friends did too on parties.
I always joke that a lot of their songs are in 1/4 (because 4 on the floor and the snare on every quarter note). Have seen them live in 2010 and is definitely a great experience!
As extravagant as they might seem on stage, i was surprised how chill and laid back they are in interviews.

We close our show with Du Hast (not sure about spelling) never heard song or band until I had to learn it and it was like what?? After playing and listening to it a few times it was still like what? But does it ever grow on you! Especially when 50 people in the bar are singing along. Still impressed by my singer remembering the words in German.

I was quite a fan og them around when Mutter was released. Can still get amped up on some newer songs, but I think it's more of a "metal for the big masses" kind of thing, not really my style. Spectacular live shows though!

When they played Tallinn a couple years ago, my friends Winny Puhh opened up for them. For my money, I thought WP was better. I can’t understand either of them but Winny Puhh paints themselves and wears helmets with goosenecks for the backing vocalists who also play guitar, uke and tenor banjo.

My wife (born and raised in West Germany) is a Ramstein FANATIC. Favorite songs:

Du Hast
Deutschland
Auslander
Weit Weg

Back