Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Great looking rig, Joe! So weird to see anything other than old K's up there, though. Some kind of glitch in the time-space continuum. Brain can't compute. I forgot what inspired you to check out the Bos-4-Us stuff...?

Got my normal rig out for another hit today. Took the big Noble & Cooley snare with me, which sounded great. I still like my hammered bronze Ludwig drum more, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm more used to it. I'm gonna spend some quality time with both the 5" and 7" N&C drums, though. Certainly don't want them to be shelf queens while the Ludwig drum gets all the action. LOL.

Hydraulic tom batters are off, UV2s are on for now. The hydraulic heads sounded great, but I do quite a bit of brush stuff, especially with the duo, so the coated tom batters help me do my thing with the brushy brushes. The hydraulic bass drum batter head is a keeper, although if you're a jazzer even 10% of the time I'd advise you to run, not walk, away from ever using this head on a bass drum.

85B218C6-50BE-4071-AA59-1C8074D72CBD.jpeg

So weird to see anything other than old K's up there, though. Some kind of glitch in the time-space continuum. Brain can't compute. I forgot what inspired you to check out the Bos-4-Us stuff...?
you keep saying that...(and I appreciate it! ; )
"Bosphorus make 21st century old Ks ; Istanbul M/A still trying to make 20th century old Ks"*
Best I can do : ) Had to get something new- all previous attempts failed to 'shake 'the old K' obsession.
Then an unexpected circumstance ( I took a used 22" Bos Hammer in as a part-trade on an impulse-buy old K 20 light NS) and that led to a B happy journey. First time I truly could shake the Old Ks.
They are old Ks clean shaven and with hair cut.
* that's the difference between the two modern Turkish rivals- compatriots, that to me made all the difference)
B's are 21st century oKs with none of the 20th century orchestral-tone baggage
(that's best I can describe)
Clean. Direct. Precise, Quick to the point. No more No less. Fast.
If Old Ks were (and they are) the rotary phones Bos are the iPhone version. 4G at least. ;

Last edited:
Ah. Interesting triple snare arrangement; kind of a row of different snappy drums, and then a row of different sustaining drums. Cool!
Unlike those who keep an unvarying configuration, my setup changes slightly from time to time especially if I’m working on playing left handed. I use the piccolo snare as tom most often.

Does you kit have one of those monster Mapes tom mounts? How do you like it? How heavy is it, and how would you compare it to a regular Mapex tom mount in functionality?
46BF33D4-0397-406E-A9D4-6BE2F8FBF81A.jpeg
I don’t think It’s obtrusive. It holds a single drum and cymbal. I’ve seen other double mounts with about as much mass. As for the functionality, it doesn’t move more than about 1/8 inch when hit and seems to do what it’s supposed to.

View attachment 119298
I don’t think It’s obtrusive. It holds a single drum and cymbal. I’ve seen other double mounts with about as much mass. As for the functionality, it doesn’t move more than about 1/8 inch when hit and seems to do what it’s supposed to.
Do they make a double tom version, or are they all single tom mounts?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've never seen one of these in person and totally forgot about them.

Percussion 1 for “Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations” run at Sheas Performing Arts Center Buffalo, NY May 2022. View attachment 119314

is that for practice? Or do you guys perform "out of site", and then have the mic'd music sent to the ouse speaker system? Looks like te conductor is o te video?

This the performance location, in the trap under the stage. Both percussion and horns were located there. Strings, keyboards, bass, guitar and the drums in a booth were in the pit.

This the performance location, in the trap under the stage. Both percussion and horns were located there. Strings, keyboards, bass, guitar and the drums in a booth were in the pit.

man, I love situations like that. You can wear street clothes, be a bit more comfortable...the rub is not getting to hear the entire package in real time...or do you guys have IEMs? The few times I have gotten to do this set up, we did not hear the end result of our playing

Just headphones but there is an aviom mixer so you can blend all of the instruments and voices. It is all played in real time. There is a click and the video monitor of the conductor. We could not wear street clothes because we went on stage for the finale.

Just headphones but there is an aviom mixer so you can blend all of the instruments and voices. It is all played in real time. There is a click and the video monitor of the conductor. We could not wear street clothes because we went on stage for the finale.

ah ha...the 2 shows I did "underground" as we called, it did not have us in the public eyes.

this was back in the 90's as well, so there was no click...that would have helped A LOT!!!

Do they make a double tom version, or are they all single tom mounts?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've never seen one of these in person and totally forgot about them.
I think they’re just single mounts and proprietary for the Versatus and Cherry Bomb toms only.

Nice setup man!
What are those china stacks? Looks like Z Custom China and an Oriental Classic stacked with crashes?
On the left is a Zildjian Power Smash with a crash. I’m using the crash now so I’ve put back an old Zildjian clock that quit working. It’s not even a cymbal although it looks like one.
The right is an Oriental Classic China stacked with a K China.

A true trash cymbal stack 😜
image.jpg

Back