Budget friendly cymbal stand options?

Jameson D

I just bought some heartbeat cymbals, and I am absolutely pumped. the only thing is.... I have really trashy stands, and I kind of blew the budget on cymbals :) Any budget friendly cymbal stands that you would recommend? Thanks!

If the stand is too cheap it will be flimsy, I’m not sure how many cymbals you have but your best bet is probably to buy some good quality stands and then get some boom clamps to mount your other cymbals.

Pearl's 800 Series stands are very reasonable and extremely durable. Straight stands are about seventy bucks, and convertible booms aren't much more.

I use Pearl's 900 Series hardware, which has memory locks, but the 800-level stuff is just as sturdy.

Guitar Center’s house brand Sound Percussion are decent. However, no brand of cheap stands will stand up to constant gigging. Setting up and tearing down all the time will wear out cheap stands quickly. If you plan on setting them up at home and rarely moving them, they will be fine. If you’re going to gig, maybe try to find higher quality used stands.

Pearl's 800 Series stands are very reasonable and extremely durable. Straight stands are about seventy bucks, and convertible booms aren't much more.

I use Pearl's 900 Series hardware, which has memory locks, but the 800-level stuff is just as sturdy.

i'll give those a look, thanks!

Guitar Center’s house brand Sound Percussion are decent. However, no brand of cheap stands will stand up to constant gigging. Setting up and tearing down all the time will wear out cheap stands quickly. If you plan on setting them up at home and rarely moving them, they will be fine. If you’re going to gig, maybe try to find higher quality used stands.
i'll check those out, thanks!

They'll hold up through years of gigging. Pearl has a lifetime warranty on all hardware. It's quality stuff.
ahhh... they're out of stock at sweewater, and i have a gift card there. i'll have to wait until they're back in stock.

ahhh... they're out of stock at sweewater, and i have a gift card there. i'll have to wait until they're back in stock.
wait, the boom stands aren't out of stock!

I use Yamaha single braced 600 and 700 series stands. All bought used. They'll last me the rest of my life.

But .... a few questions. Are you gigging? What kind of music are you playing? How heavy a hitter are you?

Cheap stands are fine if your kit never moves. And heavy, cheap stands are sometimes more afordable. But, if you're gonna do a lot of setting up and tearing down ..... I'd look at the brand names.

I carried DW 5000 and Tama Titan/RoadPro stands for years ..... but the weight was crazy. I never needed stuff that heavy. Eventually, I switched to Yamaha single braced ..... and they've never let me down.

I use Yamaha single braced 600 and 700 series stands. All bought used. They'll last me the rest of my life.

But .... a few questions. Are you gigging? What kind of music are you playing? How heavy a hitter are you?

Cheap stands are fine if your kit never moves. And heavy, cheap stands are sometimes more afordable. But, if you're gonna do a lot of setting up and tearing down ..... I'd look at the brand names.

I carried DW 5000 and Tama Titan/RoadPro stands for years ..... but the weight was crazy. I never needed stuff that heavy. Eventually, I switched to Yamaha single braced ..... and they've never let me down.
I'm playing rock and worship right now, I'm not gigging yet, and i'd say i'm a pretty heavy hitter! I might just have to spend the extra dollars!

When I was starting out I got some PDP combination stands at GC, and they have been stable and sturdy for home use. I'm sure they'd hold up fine for more intense purposes. However, all the cymbal stands I've bought since are Yamaha 700 series. I'm probably going to trade out the PDP stands for Yamaha stands at some point, just so they all match. :D

I'm playing rock and worship right now, I'm not gigging yet, and i'd say i'm a pretty heavy hitter! I might just have to spend the extra dollars!
There's really no "right" answer ..... as long as you buy a major brand. I certainly don't regret my DW or Tama purchases. They served well ..... and when I switched over to Yamaha ..... I sold them all (so I got a good bit of my money back).

They'll hold up through years of gigging. Pearl has a lifetime warranty on all hardware. It's quality stuff.
Can they help me figure out which feet will go on my Pearl snare drum stand?

So it seems that Yamaha 700 series is the popular option!

You may not need it, but Yamaha has made popular packages of their 600, 700, 800 series of hardware. I bought a 700 series package that included two boom cymbal stands, hi hat, snare, and pedal, for $289. The package ended up being cheaper than if I was shopping for just the cymbal stands. So if you can swing it, may as well upgrade all your hardware too. They also do a package of their CrossTown hardware, but those run a bit more because of the hype about how light all that stuff is. The DW3000 stands are very sturdy as well - all the strength but none of the weight associated with the DW5000 stuff. I had alot of Pearl stuff too when I was with them, good stuff there too.

Back