Old User Titles - Or: How To Re-enter The Game Of Thrones

I'm currently a Senior Member, but if I book a trip through the User Title Wormhole, I'll come out the other side as a Silver Member. Which to me isn't any better. I think I'll hold off until I can convert to at least a Gold Member—unless the powers that be can make me a Dark Force Member. That would be cool.

Since a high number of posts doesn't have to mean that a user is a competent drummer, I'll vote for reverse titles like this:
1-10 : touring pro
11-100: avid student of drumming
1000-2000: has played drums in the past
30000+: rambling bot (fixed from 20000 to 30000 so I don't get into trouble with two mods at once :) )

How many levels can there be?

index.php

Having just returned from a multi-week forum recess, I'm delighted to learn that membership levels have been revised and clarified. I was uneasy bearing the title "Drum Authority." It was somewhat stratifying and misleading. "Platinum Member" is a lot more welcoming, as it conveys the breadth of one's content rather than the command of one's knowledge. In the end, we're all just members doing whatever we can to assist and entertain each other. Keeping our statuses as equal as possible is the best way to foster a spirit of comradery.

Thanks to our admins for ensuring that we function cordially.

Last edited:
Well, my time as a Platinum Member spanned only a few days. Having just crossed the 5000-posts threshold, I'm now a Diamond Member. These abrupt identity transitions are most disorienting. I'll probably awaken tomorrow morning to learn that I'm a Plastic Member. :D

Last edited:
I liked when the thing showed our membership subscription level, and am also still wondering if I am current in my dues.
But as long as we are choosing our own custom titles, I'd like, (in your best Cheech Marin impersonation,) "Love Machine"
I'm also glad to see that I have been reading much more than I have been writing here!

I liked when the thing showed our membership subscription level, and am also still wondering if I am current in my dues.
But as long as we are choosing our own custom titles, I'd like, (in your best Cheech Marin impersonation,) "Love Machine"
I'm also glad to see that I have been reading much more than I have been writing here!
No custom titles other than the ones Bernhard is granting. But we could get you back in the game by removing you custom "Junior Member".

Junior is fine and fun. But how do I check on my support subscription here? I appreciate all you guys do and want to help it continue.
Thanks!
Our support subscription is 99.99$/month and starts automatically with the first interaction. To not bother our users there's no way to check it or to opt-out. The fee is paid via direct debit to bother you even less ❤️
giphy.gif

Back