Old User Titles - Or: How To Re-enter The Game Of Thrones

Supergrobi

Honorary Member
Because the topic popped up recently here's a short explanation on how our user titles work:

It basically depends on the amount of postings. Additionally there's custom user titles which can be given to users by an admin (e.g. @JimmyM 's title). Here's a screen shot of the current standard titles list:

Bildschirmfoto_2022-01-11_10-06-19.png

But. The forums once was based on a different software, so the database had to be translated. It seems the import/export has set the old titles as custom user titles, so users from before the transition will be stuck on their titles.

giphy.gif

If you experience a difference between your title and the list above and you feel like re-entering the game of thrones, please leave a comment in this thread or inform (preferably) me or another admin to remove the custom title from your user account.

The forums once was based on a different software, so the database had to be translated. It seems the import/export has set the old titles as custom user titles, so users from before the transition will be stuck on their titles.
Hmm. The name/counter hasn’t updated my title, but I wasn’t here before the transition (or maybe I was and didn’t know it).

Hmm. The name/counter hasn’t updated my title, but I wasn’t here before the transition (or maybe I was and didn’t know it).

Fixed.

I’m at over 6,000 posts, but I’m stuck in the old algorithm at Platinum Member. It doesn’t bother me. I was hoping maybe one day I could get a cool, customized title like Larryace’s Archnemesis or something…
For all us pre blip users - there should be one named ' Cape Wearer' 😆

The idea was to get titles that all would recognize and have some comparitive qualities. There are a few special ones but the name change game was getting out of hand. Thanks for understanding.

I’m at over 6,000 posts, but I’m stuck in the old algorithm at Platinum Member. It doesn’t bother me. I was hoping maybe one day I could get a cool, customized title like Larryace’s Archnemesis or something…
Can remove the old (now static) Platinum member & move to the new system which makes you a Diamond member if you wish :)

Can remove the old (now static) Platinum member & move to the new system which makes you a Diamond member if you wish :)
Looking at the current titles as of right now, if you remove Caddys stuck title and put him on the current plan, his title just goes away. Only those of us with a stuck title are currently showing. Everyone else is blank:
20220112_092839.jpg
20220112_092901.jpg
20220112_092928.jpg
I pulled these images from this very thread.

Looking at the current titles as of right now, if you remove Caddys stuck title and put him on the current plan, his title just goes away. Only those of us with a stuck title are currently showing. Everyone else is blank:
Nice one! Since I never use the forum on a mobile device I haven't seen this effect by now. But true, whatever theme you have selected, below a certain screen width generic user titles are hidden.

Will these apply to only new members or new "achievements" or to all? Will it overwrite previously held titles?

Nice one! Since I never use the forum on a mobile device I haven't seen this effect by now. But true, whatever theme you have selected, below a certain screen width generic user titles are hidden.
I see the same issue on desktop using a 27" display... (2560 pixels, emptied cache, default light theme or any other, chrome, firefox, safari).

Last edited:
I see the same issue on desktop using a 27" display... (2560 pixels, emptied cache, default light theme or any other, chrome, firefox, safari).
True!

I'm seeing this on my desktop. Yesterday, it all seemed to be working fine.
This screenshot might explain the issue:

Bildschirmfoto_2022-01-12_18-04-30.png

:ROFLMAO:

some-random-dw-admin-dw-user-titles-list-439960-1.jpg

(SCNR)

Will fix it.

CanI just be a member or active member? I'm still listed as a junior member, and while I don't post super often, and am sometimes away for long stretches, I've been here since 2014. I feel like maybe I've graduated from junior member.

CanI just be a member or active member? I'm still listed as a junior member, and while I don't post super often, and am sometimes away for long stretches, I've been here since 2014. I feel like maybe I've graduated from junior member.
Done.

Back