Angry sellers

Hey the angry guy is here! Now you can get his special vibe first hand šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
You wrote a frickin book about our 2 second interaction then blocked me before I could respond..

I think the angry guy is you.

Bo is the kinda guy who walk into a Lambo dealer, just to tell the owner his cars are over priced.

Imagine doing that in real life ?

If something is not for you, move on. I swear there is a certain generation of people who think every post they see on Facebook is directly speaking to them and if they have to respond.
Yeah I don't have much time to meddle like Bo did. I don't cruise Reverb and eBay and harass sellers lol. I cruise them, but cruise looking for deals. Lots of overpriced items ("Ringo" kits and snares lol). But on other hand right now a lot of vintage snares are bargains. You just gotta look.

Seems a sellers market right now on new kits (or at least they're priced that way). I'm not finding many bargains on used kits either right now. Maybe because the new kits are so expensive.

Anyone seen price on new C&C kits? They seem to have gone up the most of anything. Player Date new 3 piece are now almost $3,000 new. A year or so ago they were $1,600.

On opposite end of spectrum Canopus 3 piece Yaiba can be had for $1,700 new. They range up to around $2,000 for 3 piece. Seem to be the best bargain in quality kits right now - for most part less cost than Gretsch Brooklyn.

I love your Lambo analogy, Justin.

FYI I see a used Sonor 6 piece SQ1 on Reverb now for $3,200. A few others sold at around $3,100. Retail new seems to be around $4,600 for them. So what you actually sold your kit for and what you paid for your kit seems to be about right.

Last edited:
Lots of overpriced items
For sure. I've been watching a 16" Premier XPK floor tom for almost 2 years now. The guy says the "psychedelic wrap" is rare and wants $150 + $100 shipping.
It's the shipping that's ridiculous and he won't come down on the shipping.
Player Date new 3 piece are now almost $3,000 new. A year or so ago they were $1,600.
On Dec 31st pdp concept classic 3pc bop kits were $699. On Jan 1, they were $749.

Devil's advocate here:

If someone has something over-priced, why is it any of your business? If you aren't interested in buying, just move along. Nothing good will come of saying, "Your item is too high." What did you expect them to say? "OH! You're RIGHT! I AM charging too much. Thanks!" The market will tell the seller this by default. If the seller is trying to rip someone off, that's one thing; however, if the item is simply overpriced, just say nothing.

Once again, I have not dog in the fight here; I'm just trying to see this from the seller's point of view here. If a seller is hell-bent on his price, I'd just fall back to my default, "You know, you're probably right!" and leave it at that.

On the flip side, I got in touch with a seller in PA who was selling a script-badge vintage Rogers Powertone 3-ply kit with snare in Koa wrap for $100. I told him he was charging too little for it and to not get ripped off. He replied with "Not available," so it was probably a scam.
Exactly.

Local Music Go Round here had a vintage kit for sale at way too low price. I told them they had it mis-identified. I have done it on a few snares they mis-identified as a Ludwig SS one it fact they were Acrolites. Of course if I was interested in buying I would not have told them :) I've also helped a few eBay and reverb sellers that way too where they had, say, a Tama MIJ Starclassic snare in mint condition for $50 including shipping. Really.

You wrote a frickin book about our 2 second interaction then blocked me before I could respond..

I think the angry guy is you.
This is a weird thread....FWIW, I think your price seems fair especially with the TAR upgrades. And you have posted actively so it's verifiable a kit on what you say it is which is nice to have...if I recall you had some audio samples too. I imagine if you are willing to wait, you may get close to what you want, it's a good finish too which helps so may not take long at all. I saw you had some generous sells lately that sold quickly.

Exactly.

Local Music Go Round here had a vintage kit for sale at way too low price. I told them they had it mis-identified. I have done it on a few snares they mis-identified as a Ludwig SS one it fact they were Acrolites. Of course if I was interested in buying I would not have told them :) I've also helped a few eBay and reverb sellers that way too where they had, say, a Tama MIJ Starclassic snare in mint condition for $50 including shipping. Really.
I bought a Onyx Gretsch '57 in very good shape at my local MGR for $636! Sold it for a grand. Yeah, they're way out there most of the time. Mostly guitar guys working in those places. Sometimes it works in our favor.

Yea I feel like Iā€™m very much in the fair price range.

Iā€™m not really desperate to move it. And then selling 3k kits are hard. My local drum store has dozens of high end kits just sitting. Waiting to be sold. For months on end.

Usually I list things as a pretty damn good bargain on my reverb and they sell near instantly. I weigh out the cost of my time /frustration vs the just selling quick and not having to mess with stuff. This experience is exactly why.

I want just buyers who are like me. Frickin reliable. I want people who buy from me to have a great experience like I enjoy having.

Iā€™ve sold a lot of shit. I know whatā€™s fair and whatā€™s not. This whole ā€œyouā€™d be lucky to get half of what you paidā€ only applies to junk gear. There is a used DW maple Mohagny kit on DCP right now for 3500 bucks. That kit didnā€™t cost 7000 dollars. That alone shows you truly high end handcraft gear that is well cared for holds it value. Yes the guy who sold it DCP got ripped off. But had he chose to be patient and sold him self, he would reap the profits.

A 6 piece Sonor SQ1 that I just sold yesterday for 3200 bucks. I paid 5000 dollars just 14 months ago for.
Congratulations on the sale!
Why did you sell them, though?????
giphy.webp

What's so "odd ball" and "weird" about this kit? Use it as a 4 or 5 piece. Very common sizes.
View attachment 112347

Lol thatā€™s what so hilarious. Sonor SQ1 isnā€™t an odd Ball kit. Itā€™s traditional tom sizes. And for people who want a bigger kit, Iā€™ve done the leg workā€¦. I had to wait 12 months for the 10ā€ tom to ship from Germany.

What's so "odd ball" and "weird" about this kit? Use it as a 4 or 5 piece. Very common sizes.
View attachment 112347
When I said someone else weirdness, it was in reference to folks who buy a strange sized kit. Like 1 up 2 down 8/13/18/26 with a 12" snare. Then they cant sell it because no one wants that. Or a strange color, like neon pink marble. That's what I meant. That Sonor kit @Justinhub2003 sold is a fine kit. I like the flat green. I also agree with his points about selling it. I have no dog in this fight, nor will I be entering one.

When I said someone else weirdness, it was in reference to folks who buy a strange sized kit. Like 1 up 2 down 8/13/18/26 with a 12" snare. Then they cant sell it because no one wants that. Or a strange color, like neon pink marble. That's what I meant. That Sonor kit @Justinhub2003 sold is a fine kit. I like the flat green. I also agree with his points about selling it. I have no dog in this fight, nor will I be entering one.

Yea no offense taken. I guess Bo expected to create his own narrative, not expecting me to be on DW. Just weird that my kit, that is Sonorā€™s latest line of high end drums Was described like it was a set of odd ball weirdo drums

I didnā€™t see a sold status on reverb, just a price drop from 3200 to 3000 that is open unless keeping the TAR mountsā€¦that was the only thing ā€˜weirdā€™, I consider that an upgrade!

Back