Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

Like the Byzance Dark 14" HiHats, 18" Crash, 20" Ride
Yep. Glad you liked it. Bought those when I was once a working engineer with more than enough cash flow for a single adult. Got 'em at GC as a set for about a grand. Been using the 18" Crash as a second ride for the blues/rock band. But it's hard to control in a low volume setting.

I like the violet LED reflection on the ride cymbal closeup. Makes a great wallpaper choice for FB, desktop, or smartphone.

Photos taken with a 12" iPad Pro. I keep books, music charts, set lists, and my Procreate art endeavers on it. Just a beautiful little tool to have along for the ride!

I noticed your left-most tom rack goes Right to Left in size and I assume pitch. Channeling Neal Peart are we (his Germany solo)? Care to comment? Just curious, not teasing nor demeaning you at all. I'd sure have fun there!

I have the R30 dvd, but i'm not really following the Peart reference? :)
I assume you mean the rocket toms on the left side? They go down in pitch from left to right. On the picture it might look that the deepest rocket tom is on the far left, but actually the 'shallowest' rocket tom is on the far left and the deepest on the right near the hats. Just the angle of the picture (wide lens) that plays tricks on our eyes ;)

Gretsch Catalina Club 18/12/14
Pearl Free-floating Maple 14x3.5 snare
Byzance Dark 14" HiHats, 18" Crash, 20" Ride
Zildjian K Custom Dark 17" Crash, 18" Crash
Sabian AAX 15" Crash
Shure Beta52 kick mic
Nice setup!

THREE crashes near the hi hat? You must spend a lot of time on that side of the kit. And that one crash is, what, 7’ high? Is that used for trick Ninja moves?

Clearly this kit is destined to make original music!

😉

THREE crashes near the hi hat? You must spend a lot of time on that side of the kit. And that one crash is, what, 7’ high? Is that used for trick Ninja moves?
For the music we do, which includes a couple of tunes from Jethro Tull, ZZTop, Black Keys, and Tom Petty, I found it helps me keep things going if I don't have to reach too far for a crash at the end of a fill. Also, because of aging, I've just now been moving crashes to the side of the kit rather than the front. Apparently exercise doesn't fix everything. It sure slows it down I think. LOL

And that one crash is, what, 7’ high?
If you play traditional you'll find your forearm naturally wants to bend upwards as you rotate your humerus out and away from your body*. We're talking way past the hihat position.

At least that's my explanation. I came up with it just now because you asked. At the breakfast table even. At the kit, you just do things because they work. LOL

*Palm up, which is the trad position for upstroke

Gretsch Catalina Club 18/12/14
Pearl Free-floating Maple 14x3.5 snare
Byzance Dark 14" HiHats, 18" Crash, 20" Ride
Zildjian K Custom Dark 17" Crash, 18" Crash
Sabian AAX 15" Crash
Shure Beta52 kick mic

View attachment 109829View attachment 109830View attachment 109831View attachment 109832
Awesome setup! (y) Love the fact that no two cymbals are the same brand and the snare is different than the kit.

That bass pedal gets so hot it needs icewater for cooling off. :LOL:

That bass pedal gets so hot it needs icewater for cooling off.
LOL! It's really the safest place on the stage for my drink until I get a drink holder for the hihat stand. Yes, it's non-alcoholic so I don't have a hangover in the morning (and I don't get a DUI on the way home).

I think it's plain tap water. From a dive bar, that's pretty scary actually!

LOL! It's really the safest place on the stage for my drink until I get a drink holder for the hihat stand. Yes, it's non-alcoholic so I don't have a hangover in the morning (and I don't get a DUI on the way home).

I think it's plain tap water. From a dive bar, that's pretty scary actually!
haha, I only drink bottled water or filtered unless I'm desperate.

This was a private party we did in August. You can see the smoke in the air from all the wildfires raging through northern California at the time.
It was still quite a view.

IMG_5373.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20210731_160324_522.jpg

POV AHM Large.jpg

Yamaha Absolute Hybrid Maple - Vintage Natural
20" x 16" Bass (Evans Emad batter/Custom head on front)
12" x 8" Rack (Coated Emperor over Clear Ambassador on all toms)
14" x 13" Floor
16" x 15" Floor
14" x 5" Ludwig Black Beauty (Coated Ambassador over Ludwig snare side)
Paiste Dark Energy cymbals + Paiste PSTX Swiss Thin
Yamaha FP9 Direct Drive pedal (Although the beater shown has been switched for another, more durable option.)
Various mix of Yamaha and DW Flat Based hardware.
And lest we forget the all important wrist bands and gig towel for removing sweat from one's brow when needed.

Back