Dead iPod

Trevor sums it up well
Once Apple learns that a Dremel can turn their 5 pointed screw into a Flat head screw, will they buy Dremel and bury them lol?

@Bo Eder I feel your pain. I plugged in my Sony mp3 player last week and when I unplugged it the thing wouldnt turn on. Either the cord/charger was bad and drained the battery, or it has died. I have another charger for it but cant locate it, son I have no idea if it's the battery or the device itself. Schrodinger's mp3 player. Sucks.

Once Apple learns that a Dremel can turn their 5 pointed screw into a Flat head screw, will they buy Dremel and bury them lol?
They will send them a cease and desist letter and then make their screws out of titanium.

For the record, I also use a 1st gen iPod for playing along to songs which is on it's last legs.

I also understand Bo's hesitance to use his phone (so as not to interrupt communication) but when I think back to all the "trouble" you had to go through to make changes (connect to iTunes, add/ delete songs, sync up, etc) when all I need now is to simply search for, add/ delete a song on Spotify and it's done, not sure why people would want to stick with this outdated tech.

Plus, you don't have to "store all these songs" on your phone when you can just stream them (assuming you're rehearsing at home and wi-fi is available of course).

Last edited:
For the record, I also use a 1st gen iPod for playing along to songs which is on it's last legs.

I also understand Bo's hesitance to use his phone (so as not to interrupt communication) but when I think back to all the "trouble" you had to go through to make changes (connect to iTunes, add/ delete songs, sync up, etc) when all I need now is to simply search for, add/ delete a song on Spotify and it's done, not sure why people would want to stick with this outdated tech.

Plus, you don't have to "store all these songs" on your phone when you can just stream them (assuming you're rehearsing at home and wi-fi is avialable of course).
You can use an old phone (I kept mine because I would have only gotten $50 for a $1000 phone) the phone service won't work of course but wifi will work and you can use it as a more modern ipod.

Plus, you don't have to "store all these songs" on your phone when you can just stream them (assuming you're rehearsing at home and wi-fi is avialable of course).
I have songs that don’t stream.

Because I always have my music and I don't have to rely on an external service or depend upon having a WIFI connection or mobile reception

Because I always have my music and I don't have to rely on an external service or depend upon having a WIFI connection or mobile reception
I see your point but there is still the option of downloading via wi-fi (or your phone data) then you don't have to worry about it again.

BTW- I'm saying this purely from the perspective of just having a playlist on your phone of "drumming songs" to practice to- not that you have to download your entire music library to said phone (if storage space is an issue for you).

I'll also admit I hate having to type in my screen-lock code everytime the phone goes to sleep when I want to review certain sections of songs (no such problem with the good old iPod)!

But downloading it to my phone still means I'm forced to use the streaming app, when I can just play the music I already own which I've got encoded as either WAV or FLAC. In the past I've used Youtube and other streaming services for rehearsals but I tire of the ads and the lossy compression formats they use very quickly :).

I actually don't use my phone at all for playing drums, except in very rare circumstances. I use my computer for that.

If you are unlocking your phone every few minutes, I know (at least on Android) you can change your lock screen timer (mine is always set to 5 minutes regardless). I believe the app I use for music playback (Musicolet) will allow me to leave the screen unlocked but I'm not certain as I've never had a need to test it.

I use an old android phone as a player only. Not streaming, music all downloaded, grouped into different playlists, by genre. (Depending on the venue we're playing at.) Not sure if you can make an old iPhone work as a standalone player...Apple does things differently, certainly.

I use an old android phone as a player only. Not streaming, music all downloaded, grouped into different playlists, by genre. (Depending on the venue we're playing at.) Not sure if you can make an old iPhone work as a standalone player...Apple does things differently, certainly.
You can just the same as Android.

Back