Can't Access DW on iPad

BigDrew

For the past few days, when I try to access the site on my iPad, I get a message that says access is forbidden. Has anyone else received this message?

Try go to Settings -> Safari and hit "Clear History and Website Data".

I have the same issue on Chrome, desktop.

It says the certificate is out of date. The browser is updated, the wifi is working (I type this on my ipad on the same network, and my phone can reach the website too).

Even on the lowest security settings and the adblock removed (and restarted everything) it still gives the error, and only on this website.

I have the exact same thing on Safari, so it looks like its at the websites end, and not this end.

I’m viewing this on an iPad, no issues, using Safari, so I’m not sure how to solve your issue. Maybe tick ‘remember me’ in the options section of your profile?

I have the exact same thing on Safari, so it looks like its at the websites end, and not this end.
I'm not too sure about that - I'm assuming you're using MacOS? If so, from what I know both Safari and Chrome share the same browser base, so all errors popping up under Chrome will also show in Safari.

I have the same issue on Chrome, desktop.
It says the certificate is out of date.
This is a different error, access forbidden is a 403.

Oops, okay, Ctrl+Enter doesn't add a newline in quotes but actually sends the posting.. :cool:

Certificates often come with updates - did you update lately? I just tested the SSL cert of drummerworld and everything seems fine.

Try yourself: https://www.digicert.com/
Enter drummerworld.com into the text entry and hit "Check Server". (And yes, activating searching for vulnerabilities is supposed to give an error while checking for heartbleed)

Maybe not relevant, but are you going through a VPN?
I use one, and can't remember why but I'd moved my virtual location to Sweden the other day, and suddenly couldn't access Drummerworld at all, moved out of Sweden, all fine again.

I'd moved my virtual location to Sweden the other day, and suddenly couldn't access Drummerworld at all, moved out of Sweden, all fine again.
They don't have any corona restrictions, so maybe other countries are blocking their traffic? 🤡

I mean I don’t have issues with other websites on both Safari and Chrome.
Yes, understood. What I meant was that both browsers share the same code under MacOS. So generally speaking: what's broken on Safari is broken on Chrome as well.

Usually the certifacte error means the Host needs to refresh this for you guys right?
It depends on what kind of certificate this is. And honestly - I didn't care about the DW one by now, since it's a service from the hoster to certify your domains automatically.

Currently there are no issues with the certificate so it is supposed to work. If not it looks like an issue on your end. Did you try completely cleaning the cache?

Yes.

On both browsers. I even removed all the extensions

They still give the invalid certificate date error:

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

On mobile browsers the website works.

I read this means the website certificate isn’t valid for some browsers.

This could be due to the fact that its indeed expired, or that is auto signed (in which some cases browsers reject it because it can’t be validated to anything as it was self signed).

Last edited:
Odd. Since I'm not able to reproduce the issue on whatever device (I've got a couple of different iPads and Macs for testing purposes) and the certificate is up-to-date and installed correcly I fear I'm not able to be of any help in this, unfortunately :/ Debugging it on your end to come up with some useful information is a pain in the a$$ using Apple gear, so I wouldn't recommend. If you for whatever reason have to get access to the forums from this particular device maybe installing Firefox could be a work-around for the moment.

(...oh and not to forget to install uBlock origin add-on afterwards to get rid of all advertising)

Maybe there's some hints:

Thats where I read up on the error haha.

No it doesn't work. I even deleted the apps and installed them fresh to no avail.

A bummer, as it is the main house computer.

After some further reading it seems that Safari doesn't take care of SSL certificates - but your Keychain does oO

Keychain is an app on your MacOS keeping all login information and other security related information. That's the reason why re-installing the applications didn't help - the certs aren't stored in their app data location. We're using ISRG Root X1 / R3 / drummerworld.com. You should find it in the Keychain app the list under "System-Roots". Let's see what the expiration date says there.

I'll add to this.

Site works fine on my Android phone and iPad. Desktop Mac, however, is a failure.

Checking the keychain list as per above, there is no entry for an ISRG Root X1...

I have four entries for the letter I, and 150 entries in total, and see nothing pertaining to that therein.

Back