What's your latest purchase?

Paiste Dark Energy 19", I think I have already said so though. Finally I found my smallest splash, Sabian HHX Complex 7". Today, Radial Phazer used, for my two mics on kick, inside and outside and the two Mic Amps and the JDX DI:
Plus two pairs of Stick, Promark Rebound Firegrain 5A.
Note that, few weeks ago (End if August?), drawmers units, dual gate DS201, super precise and well made, used of course, Compressor DS221 and DS241 (gate, compressor, limiter, same as DBX 1066) plus some cable to hook them up on the rack under the Mackie Onyx B (Right one on the picture, they are not in the rack yet though, at the time the picture was taken)
IMG_20210924_012910.jpg
IMG_20210924_012846.jpg
IMG_20210922_215628.jpgIMG_20210922_215620.jpgIMG_20210725_142329.jpg
IMG_20210924_013101.jpgIMG_20210924_013024.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, yes, almost forgotten, Beyer Dynamic M201TG on Main snare, replacing the Audix i5 that went to second snare top, finally, remote Pearl hat RH2050 arrived and set up with the Meinl Byzance Foundry Reserved hat 14" and so, 3 hats on the kit now.
And yes, the red cow bell was moved to the left side as I have one on the bass drum (Meiñl Groove bell Mike Johnston Signature) and thus, the mic on the 12" Tom has a way better position!!

IMG_20210916_192639.jpgIMG_20210916_192706.jpgIMG_20210916_194522.jpgIMG_20210916_194432.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, one more. Before my Focusrite died, I was in the middle of having to juggle my dad's business closure and several short deadline recording projects amidst travel gigs and having other people pull me in various directions, so when I was offered a great deal on this thing, I decided to justify it as a stress purchase:

View attachment 108472View attachment 108473View attachment 108474View attachment 108475

Titanium number Two-Tanium: a 2007 5x14. This thing sounds absolutely righteous. It has more of a handmade feel than my 2020 titanium, and it's a good bit heavier due to its having a thicker shell. Powerful, and open in just the right way. Might end up replacing a couple snares of similar size...
Awesome snares and as Ron Dunnet is in BC, they are quite "affordable" in Canada so, if I decide to go with an aluminium snare, it might be the Dunnet 2N molded one (or the Tama Starphonic aluminium, no sure yet, easier to get a Dunnet than the Tama here).

So.. i have a sugar addiction :( This is pretty much every morning now with my coffee... i really need to get back on keto, i never realized how addictive sugar is til i quit keto (i got too skinny while eating a stupid amount of food, had to stop, was down to 146# at 5'10")
1411625.jpg

So.. i have a sugar addiction :( This is pretty much every morning now with my coffee... i really need to get back on keto, i never realized how addictive sugar is til i quit keto (i got too skinny while eating a stupid amount of food, had to stop, was down to 146# at 5'10")
View attachment 108765
You has my sympathies. I'm 5'10" and I look thin (for me) at 210. I'm built thick

At 146 I'd blow away with a stiff breeze. Wait I should reword that...

I can eat for health or death. Death tastes better, but healthy food makes me feel better. I like a balance.

I have to force myself to eat foods that put weight on me now. Which is the opposite of what I had to do my whole life. I've been 250 most of my adult life. Now, with my changing appetite, I have to watch I don't get too thin. Hunger only happens at the end of the day if I don't eat anything that day. I'm hardly ever hungry anymore and I can't eat as much as I'm used to. But I'm at my best weight now and that's been a struggle my whole life.

I'm getting some soda and ice cream now, so everyone out of my way!

Last edited:
You has my sympathies. I'm 5'10" and I look skinny (for me) at 210. I'm built thick

At 146 I'd blow away with a stiff breeze. Wait I should reword that...

You can eat for health or death, your choice. Death tastes better, but healthy food makes me feel more normal. I like a balance.

I have to force myself to eat foods that put weight on me now. Which is the opposite of what I had to do my whole life. I've been 250 most of my adult life. Now, with my changing appetite, I have to watch I don't get too thin. I'm getting some soda and ice cream now, so everyone out of my way!

Yup, i used to be 5'10 and 250#, i have big shoulders and have always just been a bit tubby.. i went on keto for my depression (which it wiped out 35 years of self hatred in 3 days...) and i felt the best i ever have but i went from 220ish at the time to 145ish in 7 months, i looked like a skeleton, always went from 36" waist to 30" which i actually am happy about :) I'm back upto about 170, i keep meaning to start doing IF again, but no will power right now..

The bad thing is.. eating garbage and my depression is back so bad i have started selling off everything to prepare to the inevitable.. which i could fix if i could kick the sugar again.. it's stupidly addictive.
Today is a ok day though :)

Yup, i used to be 5'10 and 250#, i have big shoulders and have always just been a bit tubby.. i went on keto for my depression (which it wiped out 35 years of self hatred in 3 days...) and i felt the best i ever have but i went from 220ish at the time to 145ish in 7 months, i looked like a skeleton, always went from 36" waist to 30" which i actually am happy about :) I'm back upto about 170, i keep meaning to start doing IF again, but no will power right now..

The bad thing is.. eating garbage and my depression is back so bad i have started selling off everything to prepare to the inevitable.. which i could fix if i could kick the sugar again.. it's stupidly addictive.
Today is a ok day though :)
The depression is from eating garbage is my guess. One fuels the other and vice versa.

The hardest thing I had to do in life was to change my eating habits. In my mind I'm not a man if the pull of bad food is stronger than I am.

Today, I'm a man.

The depression is from eating garbage is my guess. One fuels the other and vice versa.

The hardest thing I had to do in life was to change my eating habits. In my mind I'm not a man if the pull of bad food is stronger than I am.

Today, I'm a man.
well kick some ass :) I have a bag of lindor chocolates at home for saturday night that prove i'm no man :) I will get it under control eventually though.

Your first step is to flush the Lindors.

When you know you're doing something bad for you....and you still do it...that's gotta change. Be kind to your body

But hey you're 170 now and that's not overweight, so Lindor away and stop when you reach 200

Your first step is to flush the Lindors.

When you know you're doing something bad for you....and you still do it...that's gotta change. Be kind to your body

But hey you're 170 now and that's not overweight, so Lindor away and stop when you reach 200

haha naw.. i need to for my mental health.. starting. umm.. monday.. :) hopefully this monday.. but we shall see:)

I was able to buy a Sonor Jojo Mayer Signature perfect balance pedal for 95 bucks!

Also added a Audix D6 kick mic

45E98EA5-4D62-43CC-B610-187C6612E283.jpeg

I was able to buy a Sonor Jojo Mayer Signature perfect balance pedal for 95 bucks!

Also added a Audix D6 kick mic

View attachment 108776
The D6 is a super mic!!! Not available when I bought my D112 AKG, I was close to ditch it and buy the D6 but I went the 2 mikes road with my AKG C5600 (AKG C414 capsule in a different shell) and while it's bit more complex, I like it a lot. So, in 3 words, how would you describe the D6?
And it's a Benny Greb Signature that I see here right? Brass model?

Not sure which emoji was most appropriate, since that was a bit of a rollercoaster, but glad to hear you're doing well today. Hang in there, drumpal.

Yeah, sorry bout that.. i have good days and bad.. this week was very bad :( I try to keep it out of this forum but when things get bad sometimes i can't help it.. it's not a fun way to live.. but it's all i got :)

Back