Is this a drummer video game?? I want it! ??

I guess during the covid-19 stay at home ordeal, this could take up some down time instead of watching reruns on TV. Other than that it's pretty stupid.

Many people play games, and some people ask me, how do I start playing D&D? You should begin with the company's most important thing. Usually, the search for a party is the end of most players' enthusiasm. My squad of adventurers is lucky - we all live on campus, a dormitory with a board game club. One dice each is enough, but you can buy a couple because some weapons can damage, for example, 2d8 (the sum of the throw values of two octagonal dice). Anyway, we're all geeks, and we've all heard of dndguide.net, so we had no problem picking up players, space, or time.

Last edited:
wish i could find a group :(

P.S. that guy on the right needs top fix his hat...

have been playing since 1979!! Still have all of my first edition books, modules and the first set of dice I ever owned. Love that game!!!

have been playing since 1979!! Still have all of my first edition books, modules and the first set of dice I ever owned. Love that game!!

Well i wish you were near detroit :) I haven't played since (not sure which edition, the one with the monster manual, has a red demon statue, guys climbing on it to remove the eyes in the gems) prolly around 85ish...

I have even offered to host at my store and can't get shit going.. and roll20 is OK.. but not the same..

I remember the FIRST books were actually smaller than Stick Control...magazine size.

I found this on dnd.wizards.com. It's not THE original but a re-do...type

original_game.jpg

A premium, deluxe edition of the Original D&D "White Box"!

The original Dungeons & Dragons boxed set was published by TSR, Inc. in 1974 and was the very first roleplaying game, introducing concepts that have persisted throughout later editions. It included three small rules booklets in a white box.

This deluxe, premium reprint of the original "White Box" features new packaging and includes the following seven booklets (plus, reference sheets):

• Volume 1: Men & Magic
  • Volume 2: Monsters & Treasure
  • Volume 3: Underworld & Wilderness Adventures
  • Supplement I: Greyhawk
  • Supplement II: Blackmoor
  • Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry
  • Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-Gods & Heroes
Each booklet features new cover art, while the interior retains nostalgic original art. Booklets are packaged in an engraved illustrated wooden storage case (as shown below).

Nostalgic, I guess.

I found this on dnd.wizards.com. It's not THE original but a re-do...type

View attachment 108075

A premium, deluxe edition of the Original D&D "White Box"!

The original Dungeons & Dragons boxed set was published by TSR, Inc. in 1974 and was the very first roleplaying game, introducing concepts that have persisted throughout later editions. It included three small rules booklets in a white box.

This deluxe, premium reprint of the original "White Box" features new packaging and includes the following seven booklets (plus, reference sheets):

• Volume 1: Men & Magic
  • Volume 2: Monsters & Treasure
  • Volume 3: Underworld & Wilderness Adventures
  • Supplement I: Greyhawk
  • Supplement II: Blackmoor
  • Supplement III: Eldritch Wizardry
  • Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-Gods & Heroes
Each booklet features new cover art, while the interior retains nostalgic original art. Booklets are packaged in an engraved illustrated wooden storage case (as shown below).

Nostalgic, I guess.

that is pretty freaking sweet!!! I got into DnD in 1978 - I was 9 - through a friends older brother. Started a part of my life that has been almost as big as drumming...

I have the original Greayhawk gaming module that came out back then, and all of my 1st Edition books still.

that is pretty freaking sweet!!! I got into DnD in 1978 - I was 9 - through a friends older brother. Started a part of my life that has been almost as big as drumming...

I have the original Greayhawk gaming module that came out back then, and all of my 1st Edition books still.

2nd edition was where it was at for me. The settings with that release were amazing: Dark Sun, Ravenloft and especially Al-Qadim slapped hard!

I didn't buy it... I just was looking it up cuz I remembered the tiny original books.

2nd edition was where it was at for me. The settings with that release were amazing: Dark Sun, Ravenloft and especially Al-Qadim slapped hard!

I play tested Dark Sun before it came out. A good friend of ours worked for TSR, so we got to do that.

This is the first time I've seen a game like this. I've never played anything like it or any game with drums. My gaming experience has many variations, but mostly I like CSGO. I think this game is known to everyone here, so you can also ask how to increase fps in csgo. This question has interested me for a long time, and I have almost found the answer, but I need more time. That's why I haven't touched the drumsticks until now. I have a mission so far which I must accomplish, and I will do it today!

Last edited:
There's a deviation from the title thread I see. I havent played since third ed, but even then it was very house rules heavy. I am kinda half looking for a group and half looking to host a group in London. Really miss it and looking for a pro or would be pro DM to run a campaign upstairs at my bar in SE1

There's a deviation from the title thread I see. I havent played since third ed, but even then it was very house rules heavy. I am kinda half looking for a group and half looking to host a group in London. Really miss it and looking for a pro or would be pro DM to run a campaign upstairs at my bar in SE1

man...if I lived in London, i might be into this...have been running campaigns since 1985...running 2 right now, and playing in 2...

3rd Ed was the worst system. They were in so much flux back then. 5th is ok, but to me, nothign beat 2nd for great mix of rules, monsters, role playability, settings and worlds etc.

man...if I lived in London, i might be into this...have been running campaigns since 1985...running 2 right now, and playing in 2...
Man where do you find the time? I remember running just one campaign and it took up almost all my time. Although I treated it like my baby and in my usual OCD way spent an inordinate amount of time planning, plotting, mapping, etc. Awesome times and my players loved it but no way I would have much free time to do anything else.

Never thought I'd hear someone reminiscing of those fun THAC0 days!!
My issue has always been, and I feel like 5th is even more unapologetic from what I've seen in this regard, but its the insanely high magic setting as a default. I've always been of the belief to get the rp side one has to create a character as a personality, not as a hero. Saying at level 1 you wannabe a spellcaster I find undermines that. Best and longest game we played, again VERY house rules heavy, went from level 1 to about 40, the first 5 or 6 of which were using NPC classes until we could find training in a selection of no magic classes, hardcore magic didn't come in until about level 18 really.

Man where do you find the time? I remember running just one campaign and it took up almost all my time. Although I treated it like my baby and in my usual OCD way spent an inordinate amount of time planning, plotting, mapping, etc. Awesome times and my players loved it but no way I would have much free time to do anything else.
And this! Between drumming, a job and a wife, and everyone else having their own schedules I don't think I could really get back into playing regularly.

Back