Drum and Equip Threads in General

I presented this new feature to @Bernhard today and he didn't like it too much ("this is SOOO German!" :D)
giphy.gif

...so I removed it again. We decided on showing the forums descriptions on the index page now, which might also help selecting the right forum for posting a new thread. Dunno, let's see. We have an eye on it now, discussing the issue and possible solutions in our calls.
"this is so german": this is so swiss would also fit - is the same teacher boss principal behavior i try always to avoid...

Why is it so bothersome to you? Other than not being technically right, does it cause some harm or inconvenience? Like i said, the way i navigate the forum it makes no difference, so I'm unclear what the negative is.
Ah there’s the key word: Navigate. Methinks that the OP was simply making a point that it would be easier for everyone to navigate the ocean of information within the forum if everyone tried to post within the proper section or subsection.

I admit that I’ve been totally guilty of ignoring that, especially in my early days here. Now I try to find the appropriate section for posting any new content. Just makes the whole forum work better for everyone else I think. Otherwise why not just have a general discussion about everything?

According to the stats, there are more threads and massages in the drum category than the general. Let‘s just admit it, it’s all about the gear.
There are stats?

We all stream the forum so the categorizes just make it easier on eyes. I really like the dark background when initially I didn’t think I’d like it.
My Taterhead vision allows me to read all categories simultaneously. We look at page all that direct ( most objects reflected same deal) light of page produces an image in your noggin. We all see it all simultaneously we just filter info so have to focus to consciously see it. Like staring at those images by looking at a spot then look away and see it antithetical counter image.

Last edited:
And what's the negative aspect on resurrecting old threads again? Honestly, I cannot see the downside. If someone would explain to me why it's so harmful, that would be appreciated

I thought that was what we were supposed to do. Use the search function.

It's confusing when on one hand I am encouraged to use the search function, but on the other hand...I'm discouraged from re-opening an old thread.

It's a bit of a dilemma. Let's un-confuse this.

Here's a vote for not giving a care if a thread is old or not. Stop telling me how to browse this forum. That's MY decision.

Unless Supergrobi puts a thing in place where old threads can't be opened...(please don't do that)...they are fair game in my mind.

Last edited:
And what's the negative aspect on resurrecting old threads again? Honestly, I cannot see the downside. If someone would explain to me why it's so harmful, that would be appreciated.
Funny, this is an ongoing dilemma on another forum where I participate. The moderators *hate* it and aggressively police people resurrecting old threads.

Someone started a thread asking why Zombie threads were a problem, and he included a poll. 100% of users who voted (before the thread was locked, off course) liked Zombie threads, but the moderators will have none of it.

That forum used to be busy, active, friendly, and fun. Now it's so draconian it's a drag.

I'm glad this place isn't like that, even if Zombie threads are not encouraged, lol.

I was asked by a couple of people not to resurrect zombie threads. I like old threads though, I am glad to be encouraged to resurrect them.
Don't "drum and equip in general" go in "general?"
Older threads definitely have value for many people. Facts don’t change but information does, and having older threads on which to add new information can continue to build upon the initial discussion.

For those opposing, what should the time limit be for adding to (not resurrecting) a dormant thread.

IMHO the term ‘Zombie’ is used to negatively portray older threads, so I refuse to use it in my description of older threads. Perhaps people think of me as a 🧟‍♂️ cause I am not exactly a spring 🐔 or even a🐓

Zombie threads to me imply that a thread must die at some point. Never to be discussed again lol. Why should a discussion never be commented on again? What's the harm? Anybody?

I so don't understand.

I look on old threads as a thread that took a pause, that's all.

I still haven't heard an actual negative side to reviving a prior discussion. Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Funny, I pay no attention to category except when I'm creating a thread. Otherwise I use the "New Posts" button and choose what I want to read from there. Category matters not.
This is what I also do regularly. However, when I am looking for a specific bit of information (such as How to lubricate a kick pedal cam) it’s helpful if the information related to the topic is located in the appropriate section…or is it?

How does that change? I as a "silver member" will I be "gold" one day? How are promotions critiqued?
You are already gold in my book (y) . I think silver might be implying that you have been around long enough to have turned gray.:ROFLMAO:

Fortunately I am still more pepper than salt (except for the beard lol).

I was asked by a couple of people not to resurrect zombie threads. I like old threads though, I am glad to be encouraged to resurrect them.
Don't "drum and equip in general" go in "general?"

You go right ahead. They are great - an important history on a drum forum.
Imagine if historians stopped re-hashing ancient Rome, the US Civil War, or WWI....

I actually use the search function. It came in real handy when I was buying/selling stuff. I also think necrothreads are great! Is there a better face palm moment than when you realize you've been reading a thread from 2011? 🤣

This is what I also do regularly. However, when I am looking for a specific bit of information (such as How to lubricate a kick pedal cam) it’s helpful if the information related to the topic is located in the appropriate section…or is it?
I'm not really sure. *If* I wanted to browse random threads about, say, kick pedals, the categories would be really useful. I can imagine users browsing that way.

However, I'm not one of those users, lol. I look at the new threads, or I use the search function if I'm looking for something in particular. I think this is why I had a hard time, at first, wondering why people really cared about the categories so much. I needed to be reminded not everyone uses the site the way I do.

But then, I've always been a lil different. 😂

I'm not really sure. *If* I wanted to browse random threads about, say, kick pedals, the categories would be really useful. I can imagine users browsing that way.

However, I'm not one of those users, lol. I look at the new threads, or I use the search function if I'm looking for something in particular. I think this is why I had a hard time, at first, wondering why people really cared about the categories so much. I needed to be reminded not everyone uses the site the way I do.

But then, I've always been a lil different. 😂
Yes! We’re all weird in a strange kind of way compared to each other

Back