For those who are gigging/touring

We did 5 weeks a couple months ago out on the road - all of us are vaccinated - lots of not really interacting with crowds - lots of hand sanitizer and masks when around a bunch of people. We are at restaurants but limited interaction with people and spent a lot of time in the van or hotels. (basically the whole band lived like I usually do haha)

We also had a lot of bleach wipes - so we wiped down everything we bought at gas stations and handles, etc. We've had a few weeks since then too and we've kept the same protocol.

Really zero problems...the biggest thing is that we've been playing theaters so we've been socially distanced from a majority of the audience just by nature of the gig...I was looking at a video from when we played Arcosanti in AZ literally the week before we locked down the first time and those were shockingly closer quarters with the audience haha.

I think it's still the common sense things: Mask, Sanitize, Distance.

So far so good!

A few of my musician friends say they have covid. All were vaccinated.
Still possible to catch it, but the symptoms (if any) and potential outcome are greatly reduced for vaxxed people. And you still have to exercise basic caution and mask up for maximum effectiveness, the vaccine doesn't mean we can suddenly be careless.

For the handful of local gigs that are coming back, I'm playing it very safe and avoiding contact with the crowd as much as possible.
Perfect.
This is the golden rule for most of us "bar bashers" coming back into the fold.

Perfect.
This is the golden rule for most of us "bar bashers" coming back into the fold.
I'm a bar basher like anyone else, and while I've had a few gigs in the last few months, my first bar gig is on the 27th and it's pretty close quarters. I'll be exercising extra caution there. In fact the band is rehearsing tonight - first one in a long time - and the uber-cautious guitar player will be standing in the kitchen, well away from the rest of the band, and masked of course. I'll be masked, too! After all, I can't ban spammers if I'm dead!

I'm a bar basher like anyone else, and while I've had a few gigs in the last few months, my first bar gig is on the 27th and it's pretty close quarters. I'll be exercising extra caution there. In fact the band is rehearsing tonight - first one in a long time - and the uber-cautious guitar player will be standing in the kitchen, well away from the rest of the band, and masked of course. I'll be masked, too! After all, I can't ban spammers if I'm dead!
My first gig in a while is this Saturday & distancing will be assured. Luckily it's outside so there's that. ;)

This s@#$ is for real. A guitarist I play with was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and has been in hospital, sedated and on a ventilator, for the past week. I did 4 gigs with him earlier in the summer (3 outdoors & 1 in) and all personnel in that group socially distanced and were supposed to be vaccinated.

He ended up getting it from his wife who had only mild symptoms that were initially misdiagnosed. The severity of his symptoms makes me think he actually wasn’t inoculated, though I’m not sure. Regardless, the biggest priority now is to get him better. Doctors have been saying he’s “stable” but definitely not out of the woods yet. 🙁

Last edited:
Fan interaction is distanced, "fist bump" is the new handshake & the gig dates are more spread out.
Covid is legit, but I'm still going to live life as best I can.

Back