Drum and Equip Threads in General

Perhaps some members believe that the General category is suitable for all topics. Hence, nothing can be misplaced there. But yes, it's helpful to be specific when selecting a thread category. Information is easier to track down that way.

In case you want to make the job of the moderators a bit easier - there's a Report button bottom left of each posting. If you stumble over such a problem just report the thread so a moderator can have a closer look to decide if the thread should be moved.

I'm a fan of the gear threads in the Drummers section myself. Or really anything that isnt a thread about a specific drummer. Those are great.
Running gag in my phone calls with Bernhard.

Isn't this why we have Mods? Don't they move threads to their appropriate location when this happens?

How does that change? I as a "silver member" will I be "gold" one day? How are promotions critiqued?
Your title is legacy from the old forums software, imported as a custom title on this system. Currently there's only 4 ranks for normal users, new member, member, active member and well-known member. So seems you'll have to stick to the title silver member until ... the end of the world.

giphy.gif

Your title is legacy from the old forums software, imported as a custom title on this system. Currently there's only 4 ranks for normal users, new member, member, active member and well-known member. So seems you'll have to stick to the title silver member until ... the end of the world.

giphy.gif
As I've been a gray haired guy for the last 10 years, silver works just fine for me. :ROFLMAO:

Funny, I pay no attention to category except when I'm creating a thread. Otherwise I use the "New Posts" button and choose what I want to read from there. Category matters not.
That’s how I navigate it too. No idea about the catagory.

Your title is legacy from the old forums software, imported as a custom title on this system. Currently there's only 4 ranks for normal users, new member, member, active member and well-known member.
I wondered how that worked. Those legacy titles are badges of honor, or at least longevity!

In case you want to make the job of the moderators a bit easier - there's a Report button bottom left of each posting. If you stumble over such a problem just report the thread so a moderator can have a closer look to decide if the thread should be moved.
Thanks. I just did that on about 10 or so threads just on first two pages of General.

Well, what do you expect? There were five threads on Charlie Watts' death an hour ago. Thread titles are often "Question", "Looking for advice", "Check This Out!!!!". Users respond without even reading the OP's post completely - never mind the four pages after it.
This whole place is a bit messy, but it's also a part of its appeal, because it enables us to derail threads. Now who wants to talk about the smell of Pearl Tom arms?

Well, what do you expect? There were five threads on Charlie Watts' death an hour ago. Thread titles are often "Question", "Looking for advice", "Check This Out!!!!". Users respond without even reading the OP's post completely - never mind the four pages after it.
This whole place is a bit messy, but it's also a part of its appeal, because it enables us to derail threads. Now who wants to talk about the smell of Pearl Tom arms?
When there is a forum for Gear/Drums I "expect" anyone posting about drums and gear to do it there.

Back