Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

My wife and I just started fructoborate for arthritis pain and inflexibility). The peer-reviewed literature in humans and animal models demonstrated significant increase in flex and decrease in pain in 7 and 14 day studies. We will see. Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.14.13 AM.png

Is this a boron supplement?
Yep-interesting to see the results. Positive neurological, cardiovascular, immune response with reduced inflammation and pain=increase in flexibility. I might lose my moron with boron too-no mo Taterhead.

I’ve always been interested in watches, but only recently (within the past few years) started really getting into them and diving down the rabbit hole. For the uninitiated, that’s one REALLY big rabbit hole!

Anyway, I bought my first automatic,* a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, about 2.5 years ago. While it’s nice, it’s really more of an entry level automatic, and I’ve been wanting to get into a slightly higher end auto—especially one with a chronograph function. But they can get really pricey—I’m talking many thousands of dollars—so I’ve been holding out until I could find one I really liked for about the price of a new Renown or less. And last weekend, I found one and pulled the trigger!

It’s an Oris Artix GT, which I found new (from a reputable dealer) for about 1/3 the price they normally sell for. So I bought it, and now I’m just waiting for it to arrive. I’ve always liked Oris watches, and while they don’t have as much brand recognition among non-enthusiasts, they are a very well respected horological brand. Probably equivalent to Longines or Tag Heuer.

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

View attachment 106030

View attachment 106031

*For those who don’t know about watches, an “automatic“ watch uses a fully mechanical self-winding movement. It’s completely spring driven, so no battery like a quartz watch, and incorporates an offset rotor that rotates—and winds the mainspring—as you move your wrist. Nearly all high-end watches, such as Rolex, IWC, Omega, Breitling, Patek Philippe, etc., use either an automatic or a hand-wound movement (another type of fully mechanical movement, but one you have to wind by hand).
You and I HAVE to be the biggest watch fanatics on the forum. I've got some automatic invictas as well as self wind. I prefer the self wind as the case sits closer to the wrist. Nice looking timepiece!

You and I HAVE to be the biggest watch fanatics on the forum. I've got some automatic invictas as well as self wind. I prefer the self wind as the case sits closer to the wrist. Nice looking timepiece!
I used to be into watches, but now I don't have the time.

:rolleyes:

Recent purchases- hardly anything besides medical tests and relaxants.
It's been an interesting few months.

Well, it's a BB version of a P365, but I'll be getting a real one when I can. Everything's closed because of Covid and I can't get a 9 mm without shooting regularly and doing a new course.
Ahh ok. I actually got a BB version too. And I feel you on that. Took 4 months to get a permit (usually supposed to take 2 weeks) here in the US.

I have a few friends who are beginning to dabble with 35mm film and, frankly, I don't miss it at all. As you know, scanning is the most critical step to acquiring a decent image for digital use (which is everything now).
I was happy to see film go away. I don’t at all understand why anyone would get back into it. I’m all about the analog in drums, but film? Nah.

I haven’t seen a drum scanner since I was in pre-press. I can’t imagine the time involved in mounting and drum scanning even a small library of 35mm transparencies. Great job for a daughter or intern!

Back