What's your latest purchase?

Man I've tried that on several cymbals over the years and has never worked to stop the crack from spreading. Not even once.
That's a shame. These were done about 30 years ago, you can see they're right near the shoulder where I strike them. These are old, very thick cymbals. Nice and trashy.

Attachments

• IMAG0972.jpg
    IMAG0972.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0971.jpg
    IMAG0971.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 11
Picked up an SKB hardware case from the Sweetwater Demo specials. I've picked up a few useful things from that.
I've picked up a dozen Humes & Berg soft cases from Sweetwater from their demos over the past few years. (Just can't stand to pay full price for a case.) None of the cases look like they were ever used at all. Got a 22x18 H&B Galaxy case last week for my gorgeous vintage white Sakae kick.

That looks great, very solid. Conversely, I'd love to get my 16&18 off the floor and hang them. Not sure if they'd be bouncing all over.

My 16 & 18 are mounted on a rack and the do bounce a little, but it's not like they move that much. The 16 is on a rims mount, and the 18 has the DW stm mount that has 2 tom mounts and is very stable.

My 16 & 18 are mounted on a rack and the do bounce a little, but it's not like they move that much. The 16 is on a rims mount, and the 18 has the DW stm mount that has 2 tom mounts and is very stable.
That sounds good, going to give it a try. Thanks for the information.

I don't know how common/available rims/iso mounts are for 18" toms off the shelf. I play DW'S so my 18 came with their stm mount system.

DFD has what you need.

I don't know how common/available rims/iso mounts are for 18" toms off the shelf. I play DW'S so my 18 came with their stm mount system.
I found a 16 right off the bat. I saw a used 18 on eBay, but trying to figure it out , looks more like a cradle than a mount. No worries I'm not on a rush. I'll find it sooner or later.

Just received the Design Lab Cherry Bomb Kit to go with the Maximus snare 🙃
The bass reso head is flat black with a Coated Power Stroke 3 and the toms have Coated Ambassadors. The smaller toms have thinner shells than the larger ones and different bearing edge degrees on the top than the bottom. The drums seem to be on the heavier side.
A611FA94-79D6-42EF-BE72-C1B24C1CD0C9.jpeg
BA5A0FB1-6683-4AEE-9990-7015C348FDF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Ongoing deal...trying to get eight yr old Rox into drumming, and she is showing an interest.
Got her a pad and sticks...
Then got her a snare (n stand)
Gave her my stock hi hats and stand.
For a beginner set...for 120 dollars:
12,13, 16 and 22. (Bonus: The color kinda matches her snare)Rockstar.jpg
Export.jpg
They need a DEEP cleaning. But physically they look and sound pretty...sound.
Emad kick head and Enforcer reso.
Remo Emperors on the toms. G1 resos (Used, but all still good)
Gonna need the BEST chrome cleaning advice.

I am all excite-y!

Ongoing deal...trying to get eight yr old Rox into drumming, and she is showing an interest.
Got her a pad and sticks...
Then got her a snare (n stand)
Gave her my stock hi hats and stand.
For a beginner set...for 120 dollars:
12,13, 16 and 22. (Bonus: The color kinda matches her snare)View attachment 107112
View attachment 107111
They need a DEEP cleaning. But physically they look and sound pretty...sound.
Emad kick head and Enforcer reso.
Remo Emperors on the toms. G1 resos (Used, but all still good)
Gonna need the BEST chrome cleaning advice.

I am all excite-y!
Love the wine red Pearl’s - Great score!
That is really a cool gift.

I used Turtle Wax brand chrome polish and 4 ought steel wool.
I had great results, and still holding, no rust through or anything.
The chrome on the kit I bought was pretty jacked considering it’s 60+ years old, almost twice my age.

If you need more comprehensive detail for chrome cleaning, here is my thread on the process - it starts around post #5-6.

I’d definitely repeat the process if I had another full scale detail.

https://www.drummerworld.com/forums...st-project-rogers-holiday-restoration.173820/

Love the wine red Pearl’s - Great score!
That is really a cool gift.

I used Turtle Wax brand chrome polish and 4 ought steel wool.
I had great results, and still holding, no rust through or anything.
The chrome on the kit I bought was pretty jacked considering it’s 60+ years old, almost twice my age.

If you need more comprehensive detail for chrome cleaning, here is my thread on the process - it starts around post #5-6.

I’d definitely repeat the process if I had another full scale detail.

https://www.drummerworld.com/forums...st-project-rogers-holiday-restoration.173820/
Very, VERY cool...And THIS is why I am here!

Just a newbie question:
Has anyone ever sand blasted and/or wire brushed the chrome off and then painted the hardware, or is that COMPLETELY stupid?
I could do that on my own, but wonder if paint would work like that.
Just curious
I have also read (here) about the aluminum foil technique.
Whatever is the end result, if this all works out OK, I will have a (good enough) 5pc Pearl Export set with a Tama snare for little more than 150 bucks for her!
Coolest GREAT uncle in the whole ever strikes again!

Back