What's your latest purchase?

Well my 60s 18" A Zildjian crash developed a crack up on the bow near the bell, so I have purchased a brand new 18" A Medium-Thin crash.

It's a fine cymbal, I suppose. Not as full and complex as the old one, but works well with my 20" Avedis and the 16" Paiste Full Crash over my main kick on the SS Cygnus. Still, I may have to try to find an 18" Avedis...

Well my 60s 18" A Zildjian crash developed a crack up on the bow near the bell, so I have purchased a brand new 18" A Medium-Thin crash.

It's a fine cymbal, I suppose. Not as full and complex as the old one, but works well with my 20" Avedis and the 16" Paiste Full Crash over my main kick on the SS Cygnus. Still, I may have to try to find an 18" Avedis...
I have a few old Rancan China types with cracks, and I drilled stop holes at the ends. They've been out on a few hundred gigs and about a zillion hours of practicing in the basement without moving a millimeter. Always worth a shot. A shame to shelve that beauty. Just sayin'

I mentioned a while back I got this Slingerland 7x14 brass snare. Finally got to give it a little love. Red Evans Hydraulic Head, red poly washers, and snazzy red fabric straps. Also put a drop of 3-in-1 oil on each tuning screw. Sounds like a big fat gunshot crack. Johnny is Happy.

Attachments

• IMAG0968.jpg
    IMAG0968.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0969.jpg
    IMAG0969.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0966.jpg
    IMAG0966.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 9
I mentioned a while back I got this Slingerland 7x14 brass snare. Finally got to give it a little love. Red Evans Hydraulic Head, red poly washers, and snazzy red fabric straps. Also put a drop of 3-in-1 oil on each tuning screw. Sounds like a big fat gunshot crack. Johnny is Happy.

Love the red/brass thing you have going on!

Ahead sticks.
I got 2 pairs of 5a's & 2 pairs of the Light Rock 5b's.

I was on the fence about them, but I have a drumming buddy who's endorsed by them & hooked me up with the 5b pair.
After playing them with the grip tape for a good while, I really liked how they felt. Mainly the lack of vibes going to my hands. Something I never really paid much attention to until now.

They're pricey, but worth it over time to getting a good amount of them for all my stick bags.

Does anyone remember DynaFibe drumsticks? They were fiberglass and I loved them. Used exclusively in the late 80s, never heard from them again.

That is sweet. I have a very old (80's) Ufip ping ride, and want to add another ride alongside. Stupid question but how do you think your new K sounds compared to a ping? Darker, brighter? In your best drumspeak lol. I dread going to stores and tapping on cymbals all day.
I was only able to compare it to a K Sweet ride and the regular K was an easy choice over that thing. I don't crash on my ride so I'm looking for an easy, musical tick tick tick with a solid bell sound when needed. Here's a good representation of it.......

I was only able to compare it to a K Sweet ride and the regular K was an easy choice over that thing. I don't crash on my ride so I'm looking for an easy, musical tick tick tick with a solid bell sound when needed. Here's a good representation of it.......

Ooh that's so nice and clean. Thanks so much for posting!

Big Fat Snare Drum, as I can't be bothered faffing around with dampening between songs to get a different sound if I'm using one of my snares without an internal damper.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
I have a few old Rancan China types with cracks, and I drilled stop holes at the ends. They've been out on a few hundred gigs and about a zillion hours of practicing in the basement without moving a millimeter. Always worth a shot. A shame to shelve that beauty. Just sayin'
Man I've tried that on several cymbals over the years and has never worked to stop the crack from spreading. Not even once.

Back