Brits, Beer and Football

Something something estate agent, something something, suspended, something something racist Tweets.

Twitter was disgusting last night and full of horrendous comments about some of the England players. However it seems today that some of those posters have managed to get themselves into deep trouble with their employers. And I'm not laughing at all. Of course not. How could I?

Something something estate agent, something something, suspended, something something racist Tweets.

Twitter was disgusting last night and full of horrendous comments about some of the England players. However it seems today that some of those posters have managed to get themselves into deep trouble with their employers. And I'm not laughing at all. Of course not. How could I?
Me neither. Scumbags, the lot of them.

They have people stupid enough to employ them? Scumbags the lot of them.

Don't even get me started on the free pass football events seem to have got over performing arts. Someone's on the take somewhere :mad:
The guy had the stupidity to put his real name, employer and current position on his Twitter profile. Been getting away with casual racism for months and finally got called on it yesterday. Then claimed his account had been 'hacked'. Yeah. Along with his LinkedIn profile (swiftly deleted) and another Twitter sock puppet. Greater Manchester Police investigating. Think he's had it.

Somebody in power on the take? Never heard of such a notion!

Well gentlemen, you could have American college fans looting and burning their own town whilst celebrating a win. Instatwitface brings out the worst in humanity. I'd bet most of the offenders wouldn't say such things in person. Trolls thrive in the dark anonymity of the interwebs. In my day, we called their ilk "telephone toughguys".
As long as you promise not to judge Americans by our plethora of twits, we won't judge you on yours. 🙂

Well gentlemen, you could have American college fans looting and burning their own town whilst celebrating a win.
This is my favorite right here. I'm so happy I'm gonna destroy my hometown! Way to go hometown sports team!

For a while, the way to celebrate here (UofA) was to rip down the goalposts and march them through the town, knocking stuff over the whole way. Once they reach a final destination (bar), they get dropped on cars and pedestrians as drunken fans try to prop them up against said bar. Yeah it's a hoot. A giant unruly drunken mob with big steel pitchforks. GO TEAM!

This is my favorite right here. I'm so happy I'm gonna destroy my hometown! Way to go hometown sports team!

For a while, the way to celebrate here (UofA) was to rip down the goalposts and march them through the town, knocking stuff over the whole way. Once they reach a final destination (bar), they get dropped on cars and pedestrians as drunken fans try to prop them up against said bar. Yeah it's a hoot. A giant unruly drunken mob with big steel pitchforks. GO TEAM!
I am originally a Baltimore boy. UMD kids like to overturn cars and trash cans and then set the whole lot on fire. Go Terps.

You know it's funny growing up we were taught how sports teach us all these wonderful values,breeds excellence, blah, blah, blah, but somewhere along the line things got off track. Sports budgets larger than education, people dying in stampedes at events, horrific behaviors (we had rivalries and some fights after games back in 70s too), but seems things more unhinged now. Rather than talking about game and performances it's just ad hominem attacks or insults based on nationality/ancestry/ethnicity or some other trait or any string they can grab. I don't understand it and sadly the phenomena is difficult for science to study because the behavior itself limits the academic pursuit-and there are biological science and social science efforts and neither the two coincide at all-in fact antithetical to each other. It's probably just a gene pool phenomena of a collapsing species doomed to extinction prematurely.

Last edited:
What did you mean by silly then ?
I mean I have many friends who are Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Italian, German. We are all the same - humans. I am happy when Scotland, Ireland and Wales succeed at sports. Good for them! Saying your were 'delighted' we lost? It's just a negative IMO

I mean I have many friends who are Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Italian, German. We are all the same - humans. I am happy when Scotland, Ireland and Wales succeed at sports. Good for them! Saying your were 'delighted' we lost? It's just a negative IMO
Football is often a barometer for national sentiment. Your telling an Irish man that's he's being silly and negative ? Seriously ?

Never mind the hundreds of years of damage , oppression, Racism, genocide, loss of culture, language and brutality England (in the name of Britain) has caused to Ireland and continues to screw us over now again with Brexit.

Good neighbors my arse. Damm right I cheered on Italy and was happy when England lost.

I suggest you educate yourself on Irish history, it's obvious the British education system doesn't teach it.

Last edited:
Back