What's your latest purchase?

I bought about 10 of those recently, some short some long, to finally replace my old miss matched rack mounted booms. Good functionality and they just feel solid.
i can't believe how cheap they are.. there are a lot of components in them..

Just got off the phone with SW - they had hundreds of orders for those cymbals over the week. mentioned that they were well regarded here on DW... stock arriving in about 10-14 days. Mine actually slid to backorder.

Can we get a little love for Sweetwater? They call you to update you on your order. What a great store.

definitely...they are a diamond in the large company/corporate BS rough in almost all aspects

Just got off the phone with SW - they had hundreds of orders for those cymbals over the week. mentioned that they were well regarded here on DW... stock arriving in about 10-14 days. Mine actually slid to backorder.
Saw them posted about earlier today on some FB group and thought, aw hell, how can I not? So, yeah, I pulled the trigger about an hour ago. :)

I learned after a got a few Gibralter mini boom arms that Yamaha hardware has the same diameter as Pearl boom arms and can fit in PC-8 clamps (for the DR-80 rack). Otherwise i had gotten a few of those as well.

I've got a double braced yamaha stand that I must have had for about 20 years, and it still functions perfectly. great investment!

I have no idea which cymbal stands i have (yamaha 1987) but holy crap they are heavy.. brought one in to work to polish up today and was shocked at the weight.. No way i would ever be a gigging drummer..

latest purchase was a fresh supply of drumsticks <3 if anyone in europe/the UK is wanting a cheaper alternative to the big players but with just as good a quality, i HIGHLY recommend balbex drumsticks, best sticks ive ever played, and ive played all the big makers sticks and a fair few smaller manufacturers sticks as well and these are far better IMHO <3

not sure if they do the USA yet, but you could enquire with them direct :)

oh, and you get free sweeties/candy with your purchase as well <3

IMG_20210630_135059_254.jpg

Part of my 50th birthday present to myself, along with the kit I have on order. 6.5” bnob and 7” purpleheart. Copious quantities of that good DW kool aid caused some serious GAS. Don’t worry, all you naysayers; I still practice a lot and I got these drums because I love the sound of them + they serve a specific purpose for me. I’m not a collector.

Scored a gig with a local guy who competed on The Voice right before Christmas last year. He did well (runner up), and the post-tv show events are starting to materialize. These drums will work out great for me playing his shows (1.5K to 5K seaters).

C332E389-B83C-4AAF-A90D-06A3D1E8C2E0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us know how much you enjoy programming your new tool. I found it tedious and time consuming (for me) but once all the samples were loaded it’s very fun to use. I would also recommend a stereo DI box for the FOH and audio engineers in your life.

For this the SPDS-SX editor comes in handy. Soooo quick to edit.

Most stages/engineers have DI's with them. I never had one with out.

I usually buy sticks from the local GC to support them (the employees are my neighbors, after all) but this time I used Amazon ‘cuz my favorite mother-in-law blessed me with a gift certificate. I wasn’t expecting all the plastic wrap.

C9446669-B426-4691-B519-5BFCB8448C2B.jpeg

I usually buy sticks from the local GC to support them (the employees are my neighbors, after all) but this time I used Amazon ‘cuz my favorite mother-in-law blessed me with a gift certificate. I wasn’t expecting all the plastic wrap.

View attachment 105913
Make sure they're legit, the last pair ( I play the same stick) I got from Amazon were knockoffs. They looked the part, but were lighter than the others I had and the tips shattered into dust in about a week and I am no hard hitter.
Just an FYI.
Here's to hoping you got the real deal.

Just pulled the trigger on one of these new Pearl BD hoop mount cymbal holders. Have been meaning to put a ride cymbal mount on my Standards but I really didn't want to drill any more on that poor abused thing. This looks super solid and the toothless tilter was the deciding factor. I'll let you know how it goes. I've really had to re-evaluate my opinion of Pearl's hardware as of late. (also check out their new curved cymbal booms... weird huh?)

View attachment 105287
Re-evaluate for better, or worse?

Re-evaluate for better, or worse?
For better. Back when I has starting out (the late 80s, when dinosaurs and Jeff Porcaro walked the earth), I bought a lot of Pearl gear because it was the best stuff on the market. Then about ten years ago I entered into a period of unimpressed. On almost any Pearl stand I touched, nothing would stay where it was set - cymbal and snare stands would freely rotate in their tubes regardless of how much you tightened them. That has passed and now I own several pieces of Pearl hardware again.

I finally but the bullet and purchased one of the new Benny Greb snares today . It is the version 2. Beech shell version . I had been playing it at my local shop since it came in and I was undecided between the Beech and Brass shell versions . Both are excellent but I prefer the beech shell slightly more to the brass .

This is the first snare drum I've purchased since getting my Guru six years ago. I've been wanting to try the whole brass shell w/ die cast hoops thing and whenI saw this new for $300 I snatched it up.I added the hoops and my favorite snare head, Aquarian Jack DeJohnette. I put it to work at an outdoor rock gig last night and it delivered mightily on the rimshot backbeats and side sticks.
Edited Sensitone Photo.JPG

Last edited:
Back