Dumb High-Hat Question

wraub

Gold Member
A while back, I got some Zildjian Quick Beat hats, and I like them, but not for everything.

I've heard that the Quick Beats and New Beats have the same top with different bottoms, i.e. Quick Beats have vent holes, New Beats don't.

More recently, I acquired a 60s Zildjian bottom hat, and have been using it with the Quick Beat top- So, is this effectively a set of New Beats, or just a mongrel creation that works? :)

Thanks.

A while back, I got some Zildjian Quick Beat hats, and I like them, but not for everything.

I've heard that the Quick Beats and New Beats have the same top with different bottoms, i.e. Quick Beats have vent holes, New Beats don't.

More recently, I acquired a 60s Zildjian bottom hat, and have been using it with the Quick Beat top- So, is this effectively a set of New Beats, or just a mongrel creation that works? :)

Thanks.
Sounds like a mongrel creation that works! Nice secret weapon to have under the hood!;)

I tried the Quick Beats and thought I would love them but I don’t hear a big difference between them and my Armand 14” hi hats. So I may return the QBs.

Sometimes the best cymbals are the ones you try in a different way. Mixing them up in fun. Remember, sometimes bottom cymbals sound good as a top cymbal.

Back