Soloing in 3/4 - You Rang?

Brilliant solo! I've been getting into this kind of stuff lately. So many possibilities from those two exercises. I'm assuming that your upcoming book takes this from the snare to the kit? And probably a whole bunch of other levels to form grooves and fills?

Last edited:
Do you know when it will be available? Seems like it will be a very different approach from your Time Manipulation, but with a few similar concepts?

In any case, the two pdfs you provided on the web site will be some good practice material, that I can get lots out of in the meantime.

Do you know when it will be available?
I hope I can complete the first volume this Summer!
Seems like it will be a very different approach from your Time Manipulation, but with a few similar concepts?
It is the same systematic approach, but It can be practiced on a pad as well. Other musicians can use it too!
In any case, the two pdfs you provided on the web site will be some good practice material, that I can get lots out of in the meantime.had written
I wrote the page in 12/8 about 30 years ago, and it can be enough to keep you busy for years, if you're being creative with it.

Ah excellent! Me needs to learn Rio Frio which is in 3/4. There's a drumsolo over a vamp.... Both Wolfgang Haffner and Dave Weckl play the solo with such elegance and fluidity.... practicing my butt off to get it at 20% of their level 😄

Beautiful playing

I especially enjoy how you look like you are doing your taxes while playing

Mel Lewis always said while playing drums, from the chest up you should look like you are counting money or dealing cards

Ah excellent! Me needs to learn Rio Frio which is in 3/4. There's a drumsolo over a vamp.... Both Wolfgang Haffner and Dave Weckl play the solo with such elegance and fluidity.... practicing my butt off to get it at 20% of their level 😄
I didn’t know Rio Frio. I added it to my list of tunes in 3/4. Did you go to my blog post for inspiration?

Yes, but not I need to study it. The tunes. First Wolfgang, second one with Dave:

Back