Really bad TV or Movie fake bands

I honestly think that Whiplash and Drumline:The Movie were 2 of the MOST inaccurate, fake, silly, inane and untruthful representations of band situations ever

sooo much "Hollywood"....ughh

unless someone else can give an exxam ple, there is NO WAY that any music school would have ever treated their students like in Whiplash...maybe, some of the early - 50's-70's drum corps might have had super intense and physically brutal practice ideologies...but even the lowliest of low/small town/super millitary type corps would not keep performers in that situation

I have heard that many jazz scenes are competitive, wit ha lot of mental "abuse"/games being played...but...

I remember being about 10 minutes into Whiplash and Drumline, and being like "ok, turn it off. Ths i s going to be another thing that gives the mainstream American non-musicians a completely false idea of what goes on in our world...and I will have to deal with that fallout as an educator for years to come
Speaking of people's perception of Americans from movies watched around the world... I traveled to 9 different countries in South America as part of a deployment in 2007, I was part of the guard detail on base (of whatever country we were at) and the local soldier/sailor would always asked me if this or that was true as in they truly believed things that they've seen in movies, of course I had to clarify and I was honest. Still many people from other countries may actually believe that we have things like that happening in some schools. Hollywood has to up the drama to make things interesting, I understand that, but when you take it to the extreme it becomes stupid and laughable... Why not pick a more interesting topic instead??

Speaking of people's perception of Americans from movies watched around the world... I traveled to 9 different countries in South America as part of a deployment in 2007, I was part of the guard detail on base (of whatever country we were at) and the local soldier/sailor would always asked me if this or that was true as in they truly believed things that they've seen in movies, of course I had to clarify and I was honest. Still many people from other countries may actually believe that we have things like that happening in some schools. Hollywood has to up the drama to make things interesting, I understand that, but when you take it to the extreme it becomes stupid and laughable... Why not pick a more interesting topic instead??
You would think the writers would up the drama to make things interesting. God Forbid

Captain Geech And The Shrimp Shack Shooters.

Can't believe no one said that yet. Epic name though.

Back