What's your plans with your current DW drums?

What's your plans with your DW Drums?

• I'll sell them if there's an opportunity to make a great deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll sell them if there's an opportunity to just get my money back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While it's currently on the shelf since the Acro is on the stand, I have no plans to sell my performance series snare. It does everything I want it to and then some.

4 Collectors series snares
9000 series 2-leg hi hat, cable hat, and tom stands
5000 series-2 bass drum pedals and 2 snare stands

I'm confident all of it will outlast me.

Christ, the attitude of DW Drummers hey?

😉

I have a 22", 24", 12", 13", 14" & 16" maple collectors

Great drums that cover most sonic angles, I'll only sell off my drum gear if my family needs the money in some sort of financial emergency.

Is there any way to see the results without voting? I'm not a DW owner, so technically I shouldn't vote to avoid tainting the results.

Sure, sorry, disabled it while testing the broken voting.

I have two collectors kits. Will probably sell the older of the two. Sold all my DW metal snares. 6 of them, and replaced them with A&Fs. Keeping the wood ones I have left, Sold 4 of those too, LOL

I'm not voting because I'm only an ex DW owner not a current one - owned a collectors for ten years,traded it in and took the financial hit that came with that. Never considered re-sale value when I bought them.

I plan on keeping these for the long haul, unless a financial emergency forces me to sell. They've got a great backstory, having belonged to Pete Thomas (Elvis Costello) and used on quite a few sessions. Purchased from Stan & Jerry at Pro Drum which only adds to the good juju.

0A17B966-F7FE-41E2-B933-A3765A54CE4F.jpeg

I also have another DW set on order as a 50th birthday present to myself. Looking forward to creating my own stories with that set and continuing the stories on the Pete set.

That's awesome! One of my favorite bands. And naturally, Jay is one of my favorite drummers.

That is a stunning kit. I'm sure they sound as good as they look, if not better. Congrats on that score. (y)

Tanks 👌🏾

He's a super cool dude to do business with too. He really babied this kit (he moved to the US so this one couldn't come along) and so do I.

Some direct from mic to daw sound samples of the 15” snare and the kit:

Last edited:
Interesting question. I bought mine to be played, not as an investment. Frankly, they are a bad investment because they decrease in value as soon as you play them. I even decreased the resale value of mine by putting a tom mount on the bass drum. I know some DW fans elevate their drums to some mystical plane, but they're just drums. That said, they are really, really, good drums and I can't see myself selling mine, unless I were to replace them with another set of DW's.

I plan on keeping these for the long haul, unless a financial emergency forces me to sell. They've got a great backstory, having belonged to Pete Thomas (Elvis Costello) and used on quite a few sessions. Purchased from Stan & Jerry at Pro Drum which only adds to the good juju.

View attachment 105022

I also have another DW set on order as a 50th birthday present to myself. Looking forward to creating my own stories with that set and continuing the stories on the Pete set.

Really nice kit! Very cool history too. What are the sizes?

Back