tell me some good drum beats

I could never figure out out what the hell Igor (or "Iggor" as he now goes by) by doing there- will have to give this one another go!
The way I play it is tom roll for the intro then right hand alternates from crash to China while left alternates from second tom to snare then first tom to snare second tom to snare and in between all that kick drum accents... maybe I play it wrong but it sounds right to me. But there are a few guys showing how is done in YouTube, I "learned" it before YouTube existed.....

Another advanced beat comes from the Mexican band Caifanes the song called Antes de que not olviden (Before they forget us).
It starts with the hi hats then the bass drum, then I believe he is using a roto tom for the high pitched tom , then a regular tom ...then he goes into a hi hat snare and bass drum beat while still keeping the two toms going. Again it sounds like more than one drummer is playing that part. He has another beat with two different sized cowbells in the song Avientame...very underrated drummer.

What tempo? Pink Floyd's "Is There Anybody Out There" - no problem. Michael Jackson's "Beat It" - a huge challenge, even for the experienced. And do we get to lay down 8th notes on the HiHat as a grid?
Any tempo. My point was intended, especially for a new drummer, as a test if you can you keep discipline to just play a beat simply - not get bored and fill here/there/everywhere/crash, just keep it steady, at tempo, for 3 minutes. I think it is something for any drummer.

I just want to know if the OP decided on any of the recommended beats since he did not specify a difficulty level. but I read someone mentioned that he saw a video of the OP playing and that it looked like he was just starting so my suggestions might have been too advanced...
Well for a less advanced beat... the paradiddle used in Guns and Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" in the part where he screams "You know where you are? you're in the jungle baby" It is just the floor tom but it sounds like he is playing multiple toms because of how the accents are used. That should be an easy one to start with and if it's too hard, start it slow and speed up. another easy one.... Down with the sickness by Disturbed, follow the simple intro then keep going into the verse maintaining proper tempo, that is the tricky (for a beginner) part of that song, proper time keeping. for a more challenging Disturbed song try Stricken (with a single bass drum pedal) The drummer from Disturbed uses a lot of double bass (very slow for most people standards, but way harder to play single footed). That is the other piece of advice.. when a particular song becomes way too easy, switch it up, play the bass drum with the left foot (if you have a double pedal), the snare with the right hand and the hats with the left. at a minimum change the foot playing bass drum that will help you develop both feet (not quite equally but at least you are using both feet more). or you can play a simple beat let's say the Billie Jean beat and speed it up, every few bars add a roll or a change without missing a beat (no pun intended). and see how fast you can get.

Just pop on all 5 albums by The Police and repeat...trust me, in terms of beats Stewart Copeland should not be overlooked!! Keep smashing it mate! (y) :D
What's your favorite Police album, Mr. Strange -- barring compilations, that is? I'll take Synchronicity. I see it as the culmination of their artistry, distinguished by a novel spark that also makes it a standalone achievement. Plus, "Synchronicity II" is my favorite Police song. That makes the decision a lot easier.

What's your favorite Police album, Mr. Strange -- barring compilations, that is? I'll take Synchronicity. I see it as the culmination of their artistry, distinguished by a novel spark that also makes it a standalone achievement. Plus, "Synchronicity II" is my favorite Police song. That makes the decision a lot easier.
That’s a tough one mate...Regatta de Blanc was the first album I ever owned and Synchronicity was the first album I bought for myself with my own money!! 😂Synchronicity is probably a narrow winner because of the maturity of Sting’s songwriting. Stewart and Andy did their incredible ‘thing’ and really brought those songs to life...but all of The Police albums demand a visit from any aspiring young drummer IMO! :unsure: All 5 albums remain on constant repeat in my house to this day! (y) :D

The way I play it is tom roll for the intro then right hand alternates from crash to China while left alternates from second tom to snare then first tom to snare second tom to snare and in between all that kick drum accents... maybe I play it wrong but it sounds right to me. But there are a few guys showing how is done in YouTube, I "learned" it before YouTube existed.....

Average White band pick up the pieces

Lots of groove, accents and it's a collaboration of rhtym section and horns

Back