What are you listening to right now?

First time I saw him play was live at a concert. He was with the Steve Morse Band at the time. He made quite an impression. I was pretty much blown away. Oh, and they were opening for Rush, so I saw Rod and Neil perform at the same show. :)
Seeing them both play on the same night must have been incredible. Very cool! What year was it?

This will definitely wake you up in the morning. The great Ian Paice delivering the goods!

Seeing them both play on the same night must have been incredible. Very cool! What year was it?
Not sure about the exact year, but it was mid to late 80s. I remember I was there to see Rush and really knew nothing about Steve Morse Band and wasn't really interested in seeing them. We arrived late and they had already started. As we're making our way to our seats, I start thinking, "Man, this drummer is good," then we take our seats and I start paying closer attention. Now I'm thinking, "Woah! What the? Damn! What?? Oh my god!" So, obviously I was watching his every move until the end of their set. Then Neil and company came out and put on a great show.

It's all mood of the day. I'm grilling up some corn and a few grass fed organic dogs and the voice said put on some Deep Purple IN ROCK....so it's Ian kicking it vintage style.

Back