Pearl 75th Anniversary

makinao

Silver Member
Good lord! The return of the President series with vintage logos, Battleship lugs on the Duoluxe (a.k.a. Jupiter redo), and Masters Lugs on Sensitones. Wow!

now if only yamaha would do something similar...

cool idea. if this sparks a new trend and more companies start reissuing vintage kits, that would be a trend i could get behind.

They do look cool and I guess the original made of luan gave it the deep dark tone? Seems they could get the price half what they are asking with it being luan and a three piece shell pack.

I just listened to them on the site. They have no character. They're muddy, like a bad arena drum sound from the concession area.
I'll change my mind if I hear them on Memphis' site and they sound better, but not for now.

I've neither heard them nor inspected their build quality, but, damn, these kits are beautiful. As I'm a stalwart Pearl proponent, the Limited Edition designation, in concert with the anniversary it commemorates, makes this series very attractive to me, at least in a superficial sense. Even so, I'm a pragmatist who doesn't change his setup just because something new is released. I'll be sticking with my Sessions for now.

I like that these vintage-style kits have a 14” bass drum. THAT I like

I dig the lugs, the logo, and even the finishes aren't bad. No sign of the tube arms is another plus.

And if there are different grades of Lauan, as there are Mahogany, birch, maple, etc. (which I'm sure there has to be), I'd be interested to learn more about the shell construction. But regardless of all that, I wouldn't be a buyer @ $1,500 for 3pc.

I hope Pearl incorporates some of the nostalgia into other lines.

Back