Bass pedal 'toe stop'

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member
I've been using a Tama Iron Cobra 200 since getting back into drums last year after a long hiatus. I play either in socks or very thin soled shoes, sometimes barefoot.

My only issue is that my foot tends to creep towards the chain and eventually ends up against it. I have tried putting a bolt through the hole shown below, but not really a good permanant fix.

Does anyone knows of a curved toe stop (for lack of a better term) that would project up perhaps 1/2" to keep the foot from moving beyond that point?

Attachments

• IronCobra200.PNG
    IronCobra200.PNG
    548.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IronCobra200stop.PNG
    IronCobra200stop.PNG
    544.3 KB · Views: 10
I can't answer your question but if it were me solving this issue, I would get a long strip of comfy fabric, about an inch by 12 inches or so, and wrap it around where you want the toe stop. Then secure the end with velcro or something.

It should be more comfy if nothing else. And sorta free.

My first thought is they probably don't make what you are looking for.

I can't answer your question but if it were me solving this issue, I would get a long strip of comfy fabric, about an inch by 12 inches or so, and wrap it around where you want the toe stop. Then secure the end with velcro or something.

It should be more comfy if nothing else. And sorta free.

My first thought is they probably don't make what you are looking for.
My cheapo pedals have a built in toe stopper..
but if his pedal already has a hole in the front, he can make like you said fabric or a small block of wood and secure it to the pedal.

Tama Toe Stopper HP900-81

pen_HP900_81_00_01.png

If it's a constant issue, perhaps your bass drum is too close to you?
I wonder about this as well. In the usual heel-up position, the ball of my foot would be dancing where the “cobra” name is on the pedal, and I rarely push my foot forward (although I tend to remove any toe stops installed). So I’m wondering too if you’re sitting too close?

It looks like they do make what you are looking for so that's a positive

Try some grip tape on the pedal where ball of foot is sliding/creeping forward . Like skateboard tape ??‍♂️?. Barefoot playing no, but for socks or soft soled footwear it should work . A stopper may bother you if your toes are smashing into it , necessitating that you wear shoes only . If that’s not a problem then disregard. I play in socks 99.9% of the time but haven’t had this happen . As others have said maybe too close or possibly to far but just close enough that you’re pushing your foot forward ?

Last edited:
Tama Toe Stopper HP900-81

pen_HP900_81_00_01.png

This is the correct answer. The pedal of the IC 200 has a hole for the toe stopper.

Regarding the need for it, for me it's the other way round... When playing with shoes I'd need a toe stopper, else I will end up in the chain. When playing barefoot, however, my foot has a different position where the toe stopper is hurting my big toe and I need to remove it to play just fine.

This is the correct answer. The pedal of the IC 200 has a hole for the toe stopper.

Regarding the need for it, for me it's the other way round... When playing with shoes I'd need a toe stopper, else I will end up in the chain. When playing barefoot, however, my foot has a different position where the toe stopper is hurting my big toe and I need to remove it to play just fine.

You are correct, the toe stopper piece from tama will fit for sure. I typically enter the product number in Google and buy from whoever has the lowest price with cheap (or free!) shipping.

Back