Coffee

We're the same with coffee here. Everything is freeze dried crap here. We have a jar that lasts years as only visitors have it!

Twinings English Breakfast, Yorkshire Gold, Yorkshire or Barry's (the good Irish stuff).

Yorkshire and Yorkshire Gold are my favorites. Stunning stuff!

Everything is better after a cup of coffee.

3 cups per day after a lifetime of drinking coffee? You don't get any internal stress at all, like stomach ill be or anything like that?

Lucky!
No in fact the opposite when I've tried to quit I get headaches and irritable-classic withdrawal symptoms from most abused psychoactive drug. It's full of antioxidants though and the caffeine has positive and negative. I
I like the caffeine cause it's a phosphodiesterase inhibitor so cyclic nucleotides levels will rise and PKA and PKG activated. I've spent a lifetime studying PKC, PKA and PKG and their downstream pathways. So I'll often drink some and think-what's going now with this research. I'm amazed at how slow progress. It's been 20 years since my last publication and I'm still considered "relevant " by cite sourcing with several lines of research I contributed.

I drink 4 or 5 cups of Salada tea per day.. hopefully they don't spray it with too much chemicals...

But the best exotic stuff I drank is the Japanese Sensha Nagashima tea, fresh and well preserved, the smell is out of this world.

Coffee accomplished... :)

Make a strong coffee in a French press, add raw honey, enjoy the day.

About to attempt all three. :)

Typically I'll make a 16oz coffee in a cup that keeps it warm, and drink it all day. Sometimes I'll still be drinking it at 7 o'clock at night, because it's so tasty. No sleep issues at all, but if any arise I have... something for that. ;)

No in fact the opposite when I've tried to quit I get headaches and irritable-classic withdrawal symptoms from most abused psychoactive drug. It's full of antioxidants though and the caffeine has positive and negative. I
I like the caffeine cause it's a phosphodiesterase inhibitor so cyclic nucleotides levels will rise and PKA and PKG activated. I've spent a lifetime studying PKC, PKA and PKG and their downstream pathways. So I'll often drink some and think-what's going now with this research. I'm amazed at how slow progress. It's been 20 years since my last publication and I'm still considered "relevant " by cite sourcing with several lines of research I contributed.

It took 11 days for me to feel better after quitting 15 years of coffee, I slept for 11 days then I started to go up the slope.

I fear I would not understand most of your scientific publication. );

No. I just bailed on caffeine. I like coffee for the taste, the warmth, the smell. Caffeine was just an added bonus, but I cant handle it anymore so it had to go. I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to have decaf. I feel much calmer since I went caffeine free too.

I gave it ( and all stimulants ) up 6 years ago when I was hospitalized with atrial fibrillation and diabetes. Gave it up for a year . Was afraid it would kick off an a fib event . It never made me jittery or anxious or had any side affect on me at all , in fact I could drink a 20 oz coffee right before going to bed and sleep like a baby . A year after the hospital I started drinking decaf because I missed coffee so much . My experience in the past with decaf was that it was bad tasting and weak. But coffee has come a long way , and so have I . Lost 80 pounds got my sugar under control and off all the meds ( insulin, blood pressure, cholesterol) I drink Peet’s decaf ( it’s strong and bold ) and it tastes like or close to regular . I’ll mix a keurig k cup of it with equal amount regular now or use Folgers half caf in the drip , and occasionally have just regular if that’s all that’s available and haven’t had any afib thank God !I do find some caffeine helps me focus and has some physical benefit as well as as cm said has antioxidants and health benefits in moderation. And no more of it before bed , not because it keeps me up but because in gets me up to have to hit the head . So it’s coffee in the morning or during the day and a ginger/turmeric tea or other in the evening.
Try the Peet’s if you like stronger decaf. I found the Newman’s to be way to weak for me

Edit: I DO notice a difference in playing with some caffeine in me .

9B94857C-DAA6-4D9A-9CF7-1C3F29722B20.jpeg

Last edited:
Coffee accomplished... :)

Same here . I’ll sip all day out of a yeti tumbler, but with some Baileys or some other Irish cream in it , because if I’m gonna have a little sugar as a diabetic that’s my preferred coffee additive ???.
I eat low carb and don’t really touch sugar at all but gotta have that Baileys in my coffee. It’s like crack ?

Last edited:
Not even sure if you’re serious lol
Completely serious my man :p

High levels of cyclic nucleotide and PKA and PKG rock. Right Art?

You explain it, you do it better than me.
Tell them exactly what it means when PKA and PKG get activated.

I know with me I can sense it when those pesky phosphodieterases needs inhibiting

Last edited:
I suspect, maybe convinced, Larry is actually from Mars. They found Boron on Mars. Larry has an affinity for Boron. Larry isn’t your average American thinker -hell no he’s an out of the box type guy. Like way out- Mars. I remember at one time he tried to pass for a secret agent but all a ruse to cover for being a Martian. I bet he’s up there now checking out the Rover and his cyclic nucleotide levels. It all makes sense when you piece it together. He’s an electrician =an affinity for technology. Perfect job for an alien. Hey he’s traveled abroad and fits into all culture- probably speaks all languages. Fess up Uncle Larry heck we will love you even more . You have given away all sorts of drums. No human does that- you’re a Martian!

The universe is electric, and you humans are failed genetic experiments.

We hang around here out of responsibility to make sure the mess we made doesn't get out of hand.

That is all I'm authorized to say.

Peculier species, you humans. Absolutely fascinating, with many, many different contradictory layers..

When Art calls me out of the box...oh dear.

Maybe I should reign it in a bit.

Last edited:
I suspect, maybe convinced, Larry is actually from Mars. They found Boron on Mars. Larry has an affinity for Boron. Larry isn’t your average American thinker -hell no he’s an out of the box type guy. Like way out- Mars. I remember at one time he tried to pass for a secret agent but all a ruse to cover for being a Martian. I bet he’s up there now checking out the Rover and his cyclic nucleotide levels. It all makes sense when you piece it together. He’s an electrician =an affinity for technology. Perfect job for an alien. Hey he’s traveled abroad and fits into all culture- probably speaks all languages. Fess up Uncle Larry heck we will love you even more . You have given away all sorts of drums. No human does that- you’re a Martian!

This is the new “most GetAgrippa post ever”.

I never grew up. Hence, I never started drinking coffee.

I do pop various adaptogens here and there, though.

Oh Please. Uncle Larry "acting" the cool cat he is. And he's a "MARTIAN!!!!!" Hey throw me under the bus trying to cover you being a how do I say it. I'm not sure? Oh the graphic helps jog my memory. Oh yeah-you're a Martian.

Attachments

• larry.png
    larry.png
    776.8 KB · Views: 16
Being your average normal red-blooded American I can see those who come from another planet because I got on my Dick Tracy hat that gives me keen powers of observation. I also have one of those cool flying gizmo's.. People note when I fly near airports-you've heard reports lately of jet packs.

Back