New Drummerworld Group on Facebook...

I can't believe the number of international drummers are signing up for the Drummerworld group.

The age group with the largest membership is 45-54, and the 65 + age group is 20%. Lots of solo spots and lots of sample lesson.

I can't believe the number of international drummers are signing up for the Drummerworld group.
If you‘re interested in pulling in another demographic, open up a sub-Reddit under the Drummerworld banner.

The group now stands at 1750 members. Not bad for such a short time.

goal is to separate my two facebook pages. So i invited my 5000 friends to join the group - so 1750 is normal and will stagnate i think...anyway cool...
It is growing fast Johnny and so many international drummers (some I've never heard and after watching them play I wonder why). Bernhard killed two birds with one stone separating his page to create a new one. It helped him but all of us more. It's more than cool. It's fantastic and like a Star Wars trilogy with DW/DW-YT/DW-FB. I just keep getting blown away every visit.

I understand folks trepidation with FB so I respect that. But I do find irony so many complain of rules on DW-which keep it from being like just like FB. I love the Forum on DW and lots of great information/videos/etc you can find with a search or pose a question , but when I go to DW-FB I don't have to find anything-the great drumming finds you as your scroll down the page. I know DW members other than me have visited I'm curious of their experience-I'm just sitting with my mouth agape a lot?

It is growing fast Johnny and so many international drummers (some I've never heard and after watching them play I wonder why). Bernhard killed two birds with one stone separating his page to create a new one. It helped him but all of us more. It's more than cool. It's fantastic and like a Star Wars trilogy with DW/DW-YT/DW-FB. I just keep getting blown away every visit.

Too many flowers my dear getagrippa....but anyway: would love to see more Forum Members to join....thanks a lot...

For me, the difference is that I come to DW for drum stuff (and the people here), I go to a bass forum (for example) for bass stuff, etc. For such fora there are rules, and should be imo. It helps to keep the focus on the, um, focus of the site.

FB is a collection of stuff, not all drumming or all bass, and a lot of the other stuff is toxic.
It's unfocused noise, left to me to sort through, and, along the way, encounter the toxic. The rules are stated but seemingly arbitrarily enforced, and the content is often demonstrably incorrect, sometimes by design.
I have too little time in any given day to devote time to wading through chaff looking for gold, especially as the DW site is gold enough for me. :)

[snip]

I understand folks trepidation with FB so I respect that. But I do find irony so many complain of rules on DW-which keep it from being like just like FB. I love the Forum on DW and lots of great information/videos/etc you can find with a search or pose a question , but when I go to DW-FB I don't have to find anything-the great drumming finds you as your scroll down the page. I know DW members other than me have visited I'm curious of their experience-I'm just sitting with my mouth agape a lot?

For me, the difference is that I come to DW for drum stuff (and the people here), I go to a bass forum (for example) for bass stuff, etc. For such fora there are rules, and should be imo. It helps to keep the focus on the, um, focus of the site.

FB is a collection of stuff, not all drumming or all bass, and a lot of the other stuff is toxic.
It's unfocused noise, left to me to sort through, and, along the way, encounter the toxic. The rules are stated but seemingly arbitrarily enforced, and the content is often demonstrably incorrect, sometimes by design.
I have too little time in any given day to devote time to wading through chaff looking for gold, especially as the DW site is gold enough for me. :)
But once in the Drummerworld Page, all of that other poop goes away.

FB still gets access to my data, including my contacts, and still targets me and my contacts for their own agenda.
Much like google now asking me if I'd like to verify myself with my phone number or address... it's invasive and insidious and unnecessary to a user functionary like myself.
I can see a use for FB and similar for business and promotion, but with little apparent oversight of the veracity or intent of some of the businesses there, like a storefront business known for shady practices, it's better avoided imo.
And that's before even getting unwanted notices for ignored reunions and the political opinions of the neighbors. ;) :D

But once in the Drummerworld Page, all of that other poop goes away.

When I taught at an HBC we had the students do a research project with paper and presentation-it's what I did for a MS degree. I put the students through the ringer, like I was (pass it forward LOL) and one of the first things I had to talk about was use of the internet. It's not just FB but all of it contains huge amounts of toxic and false information. It's nothing new just carried over into social media. Admittedly it's getting more and more difficult to sort through the bullcrap, but I just think of it like the old library days-which I practically lived there for years really-where I had to go through all the index cards and lil drawers to find what I was looking for. None toxic or false-just a pain in the ass to sort. The song remains the same my friend. But I get all the consternation it is insane.

I guess it's like Josey Wales when Chief George said it best "Endeavor to Persevere " LOL. Chief George could see the bull crap too but he kept on. I'm doing the same is my choice. I know some of the content is only on FB though-some known some lesser knowns putting their stuff out there. I hope they come to DW to post their stuff. So I do hope their is cross talk between groups. Maybe I or we should clean up our act so they will stay ROFL.

Ever since Snowden I've just assumed all governments have been spying on me for a long time. If these social sites and others are just selling my consumer info I'm not sure if online music stores don't do the same? I think that just comes with territory now as a consumer. But spying on me by governments well I hope they are having fun=I sure am. I know the information they can get from me raises to national security risks ROFL-i can't quit laughing hysterically.

Now once I come out of the closet as Klatuu and tell Gort to get his thing on I will bring world peace so no worries I'll save the day when things really escalate. You crazy earthlings can't destroy this planet-we want it LOL. SO you thought it was just earth-no there is an intergalactic battle going on for possession of earth. Lots of toxic and falsehoods with that in the galaxy to-what to do with you earthlings then all the intergalactic immigrants from all corners of the universe. Klatuu is worried nothing will change.

Now I don't seriously expect to change anyones mind about FB-lord knows I agree and can switch arguments to that end. But I sure am having fun being argumentative and contrary to that. My Mom told me I should grow up to be a lawyer when I was a kid just because I loved to argue a position. It didn't really matter the position-it was all about the argument LOL. I met my match with my wife-really my superior-so this is where I vent now. You folks have no sway over me like she does. She always wins.

The admins and me watch the Drummerworld Group and there is and will be no crap or off topics. Of course some drummers want to produce themselfs too much - but they go down the list very quick, because i put up some videos from my archives which comes above first - lol. Of course we all know, how Facebook collects data - but as member you already accepted. I think that here is a more easier and not so deep discussion as in the forum - but the videos show worldclass - the best of the best. Have all a nice weekend. - Bernhard

Of course some drummers want to produce themselfs too much - but they go down the list very quick, because i put up some videos from my archives which comes above first - lol. I think that here is a more easier and not so deep discussion as in the forum - but the videos show worldclass - the best
Not always world class chopping is what’s desired.
I actually enjoy one of our admins, drum vids, it’s rare gear that he uses and he often has great context, please don’t bury the lead intentionally....

Last edited:
Just to mention that the FB group has now surpassed 2000 members and there are a lot of demos and lessons offered by some of those members.

Hello Bernhard,
I have seen your group. It's really nice. Lots of talented and experienced drummers also here.

Back