Guitar Center Daily Pick

Really good price on those. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know a whole lot about modern Ludwigs. How would these compare to the PdP CX line? Are they rugged that can withstand breakdown and set up and breakdown over and over?

I don't know a whole lot about modern Ludwigs. How would these compare to the PdP CX line? Are they rugged that can withstand breakdown and set up and breakdown over and over?
That's the cheapest I've seen a North American maple kit...ever. They don't really have any sex appeal, and they're discontinued shells. But I have no evidence to think they're not good sounding and quality drums.

They don't sound quite as good as the PDP CX drums to my ears, but that could be because they come standard with Pinstripes, and I prefer non-Pinstripes? Also, the floor toms are better because they aren't mounted.

It's hard to argue against them because of the price. Here's an audio demo with no close miking or studio magic. That kick sounds killer! (but it's not ported yet)

With new heads I'm sure they'd sound similar. The Evolution kit would be good for a gigging drummer.

That is a very good price, especially considering it is a full 2U2D+S outfit.....

Imagine ordering two of those bad boys and setting it up as a TerryB-style double-bass 4U 4D...

Brand new 6 pc. N.A. maple shell pack for $600 - unbeatable deal.

Really, the only dealbreaker for me would be the 18" deep bass drum.
But I've got tools to deal with that. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: all done - back up to $999.00 now.

Last edited:
Back