What's your latest purchase?

Absolutely stunning finish and Rogers quality. Hard to top !
Thank you Sonorfan!
Being a classic rock guy and growing up in 90s early 2k metal hard rock, I have always had an affinity for the solid gold oldies.

I am actually enjoying this kit and quickly need a cocktail bass pedal and I now feel I need to learn second line and cocktail beats.
9DAEBD01-E191-492D-8D46-64CF3103D7CD.jpeg8F61BAA3-A316-4291-9174-BB150CD1D7D4.jpeg
Though I’m no Cozy or Buddy Rogers, I’m more like Dave Clark, though I can’t stand DC’s shadow. He had that snare cracking and great pulse for beats - if that makes sense.

I love the open warm tones and just now looked into earthtone but not sure if I want to go calf, I for sure want to play all the AM hits with this one.

Interesting finish. Reminds me of peering into a kaleidoscope back in the '70s. The look is a rare one for sure.
Thanks C.M.!
This finish is the reason why I got my Pearl Session Select in Black Halo Glitter which looks a little more like my Acrolite snare in black galaxy (same reason aforementioned) that chose rather than the grey alum ones.

There really is nothing like the confetti Mardi Gras finish from Rogers.

(No I will not be putting CS dots anywhere near these.)

one of these all the way from greece, first one from the USA turned up smashed beyond use, hoping this time it turns up intact and well packaged.....and not jsut shoved in a jiffy envelope!!

Arrived today! NIB, NOS , 6.5x14 Tama Starclassic bb. Unboxed ( decently packed), and checked finish and hardware and inside of shell by peering though the reso head. Everything looks perfect , but I’ll pop the heads and check bearing edges and tune and tap on Monday .
Some work to do and preparing and getting ready for a new puppy in the house Sunday, so it’ll have to wait . These quick cell phone shots don’t do it justice ( I need forum member @cbphoto to take pics ).
The molten brown burst lacquer literally glows in the sunlight like molten lava !

EE69C8F6-3F30-4165-8F1E-DE57F88ED003.jpeg3EFCEE37-AFDE-4BCC-BCDF-4C1152F32E47.jpeg87AD5D09-1526-4D33-8D91-65FE1C2F8778.jpegAEEEE98E-6A7E-4520-A131-DC47111E670A.jpeg056B0AD1-AFBC-4666-AAA3-C758EFD9648F.jpeg179D0993-F92C-4615-9B89-1823CE510367.jpeg57F178F0-F054-4C78-B846-B3FB80CE3308.jpeg

just won this on ebay, pearl vinnie paul snakeskin-finish maple snare, 14x8. super rare and super hard to find anywhere these days!!!

View attachment 99803
I think a Hi-Velocity would do the trick on this one! That's just me, but enjoy the drum!

you're not wrong though! hi-velocity of hi-impact i was thinking :)
currently running one on my 6x14 cocobolo stave, it has a nice loud crack. hence my profile pic

Is it stable when fully loaded?
quite stable actually. I was highly impressed by the entire thing. Well constructed, strong hardware, it comes with 2 tom arms to accommodate different holders. The u bar can be moved fore and aft along the legs to meet anyone's needs.
If you don't have a lot of space and are looking to reclaim some floor area, I highly recommend this. You can kind of see it here in my POV pic. It's holding the 12" tom, the ride and the 16"crash.

Arrived today! NIB, NOS , 6.5x14 Tama Starclassic bb. Unboxed ( decently packed), and checked finish and hardware and inside of shell by peering though the reso head. Everything looks perfect , but I’ll pop the heads and check bearing edges and tune and tap on Monday .
Some work to do and preparing and getting ready for a new puppy in the house Sunday, so it’ll have to wait . These quick cell phone shots don’t do it justice ( I need forum member @cbphoto to take pics ).
The molten brown burst lacquer literally glows in the sunlight like molten lava !

View attachment 99770View attachment 99771View attachment 99772View attachment 99773View attachment 99774View attachment 99775View attachment 99776
That is one GORGEOUS snare drum!!! I have serious snare envy! (Fortunately it will pass)
Very nice indeed.

That is one GORGEOUS snare drum!!! I have serious snare envy! (Fortunately it will pass)
Very nice indeed.

Thanks man , I really do love this finish . Can’t wait to dig into it ! Then set the kit back up
( been packed away for a few months) , as I was doing some remodeling. Never really got a chance to Dig into the kit fully either . Need to grab a HH stand, a new throne , a ride, and a crash or two . Eventually a double pedal also . Never really learned.

Back