What's your latest purchase?

Hello it’s a Mardi Gras finish, not to be confused with the likes of glitters, galaxies, or sparkles.
This is a straight confetti finish made of foil like bits, over blackground.

Very very cool! I'm restoring a Slingerland mismatch 3 piece I've put together. I'm going with a copper sparkle. It looks fantastic. Didn't want to put down the extra $80 for champagne. . .(or $450 for the bermuda sand from Precision Drum Co. :oops:).

Anyway, that's a great looking kit.

Very very cool! I'm restoring a Slingerland mismatch 3 piece I've put together. I'm going with a copper sparkle. It looks fantastic. Didn't want to put down the extra $80 for champagne. . .(or $450 for the bermuda sand from Precision Drum Co. :oops:).

Anyway, that's a great looking kit.
That is a beautiful finish, both Copper and Champagne sparkle.
Seller also has a set of ‘67 Hollywood’s in Champ Sparkle as well with matching snare all baseball mufflers in great condition, dated shells.
He was torn between selling these or those.

Thanks for your comment on the kit, I am here pinching myself still.
After restoration for final touches, maybe a custom white Rogers bass reso with shield or crest with my initials ?

How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.
Zildjian Canada 22in ride. By the sound and it appears to be one of those produced somewhere between 1968 and early 80’s when Robert and Armand split with Robert taking the Canadian operation and naming it Sabian. When Zil Turkey closed two of the workmen ended up at the Canadian plant and using old world technology produced K’s for Canada, Europe and the USA. Many of the cymbals produced there had no model designation while others were marked K in two different styles. So, I’m hoping I have one of those pro

Attachments

• 18CF1D4B-5138-4DEB-ACC0-49E711A22365.jpeg
    18CF1D4B-5138-4DEB-ACC0-49E711A22365.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BA28D03D-4563-4A41-83F0-89DD9DBA83A4.jpeg
    BA28D03D-4563-4A41-83F0-89DD9DBA83A4.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
OoooooooH they're back in stock! Just bought these

I have a 6, 8, 10 set. I love the "crack" of roto toms!
Been eyeing up a 12, 14 set, but.....

Remo also has a 6,8,10 set w/stand, for sale for 250 at the EVIL Guitar Center, and their EVIL TWIN SISTER Musician's (probably frolicking with yer best) Friend.
Amazon has 'em too, but WAY MORE $

This:
Paiste PST X Swiss Thin Crash Cymbal 16 Inch

Remo also has a 6,8,10 set w/stand, for sale for 250 at the EVIL Guitar Center, and their EVIL TWIN SISTER Musician's (probably frolicking with yer best) Friend.
Amazon has 'em too, but WAY MORE $

Man I tell ya, I've been wanting Rotos since I was a teen 35 years ago. I started searching, ALWAYS SO PRICEY. I love them, but I was not willing to pay the price for used Remo rotos. I just saw a 12" Remo roto with no stand going for $300. Nutbags, who's gonna pay that?

I don't think they sell out quickly. I could have purchased them multiple times this year, just didn't.

You should get you that nice computer for recording first! (y) :cool: And then the next day buy the rotos ?:LOL:

Man I tell ya, I've been wanting Rotos since I was a teen 35 years ago. I started searching, ALWAYS SO PRICEY. I love them, but I was not willing to pay the price for used Remo rotos. I just saw a 12" Remo roto with no stand going for $300. Nutbags, who's gonna pay that?

I don't think they sell out quickly. I could have purchased them multiple times this year, just didn't.

You should get you that nice computer for recording first! (y) :cool: And then the next day buy the rotos ?:LOL:
Already have the 6, 8, 10 set. Got those in June when I got my kit.
Yeah... I wanna try recording, but I don't wanna go "freaking out" with buying stuff for it. That's why I got the Presonus studio 68... beginner.

Got the Pearl Snare In this morning.

Like I noted before, this is the first Pearl Drum I’ve owned this my 8 piece Pearl export kit I bought when I was 17 after saving for months.

The fact that I wanted a solid maple snare and Pearl was hand making them in the USA made me give them a look and I got it cheaper than a Craviotto.

Hopefully get to test it and tune it up today. My only gripe initially is that the snare strainer is about as cheap you should ever put on a 1000 dollar snare.
26C7FD31-B7D7-4091-947F-81AA7224A54C.jpegD9B087EB-BE6F-4CD6-8074-92F47A5CBCC5.jpeg2FA4719E-D9B0-48BF-86C7-E256A85B20DA.jpeg4B22B711-38F8-4429-955D-2CD92441023E.jpeg04A07C0B-8DC0-43ED-AD34-CE9AC1413BED.jpeg

Got the Pearl Snare In this morning.

Like I noted before, this is the first Pearl Drum I’ve owned this my 8 piece Pearl export kit I bought when I was 17 after saving for months.

The fact that I wanted a solid maple snare and Pearl was hand making them in the USA made me give them a look and I got it cheaper than a Craviotto.

Hopefully get to test it and tune it up today. My only gripe initially is that the snare strainer is about as cheap you should ever put on a 1000 dollar snare.
View attachment 99671View attachment 99672View attachment 99673View attachment 99674View attachment 99675

I’m really curious how it sounds. I’m guessing really fat, not too much attack, great on thick, thuddy backbeats

Back