Dang it! A new bag!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I know soon we’ll be getting back out there again, and I’ve been enjoying this new DW 8x14 snare I got a month ago. But now I have to carry it around so I got a new Ahead Armor bag for it. Do note, if you have other Ahead bags, they put the handle over the “hump” in the bag. But on this one, it’s on the side. I initially thought it was a defect, but that’s how they make these. There’s no explanation why.

12C590AE-7739-49B8-9CB6-B7F1A637C6CC.jpeg

I have a Tama 8x14 which requires a lower stand than what I had. I love my Artwood.

I have a Tama 8x14 which requires a lower stand than what I had. I love my Artwood.
I lucked out in that department since I had a low basket from a regular Yamaha snare stand that fits in the Crosstown base. It’d be nice if Yamaha made a low version in the Crosstown series though. I’m no longer into heavy hardware ?

I noticed my beloved Protection Racket has a 14x8 with backpack straps in the line up.

But I won’t use that as I only trust the AAA model to carry the 14x8 Crav safely.

I had some bad luck with the Yamaha SS840 stand in terms of taking this deep baby.

The Crosstown stand went low enough though.

The DW9000 stands didn’t even had a problem with a 10” deep snare.

I just ordered a DW rack basket forthe Crav so I won’t have any issues regarding height anyway ?

I have a full set of AHEAD armor cases. They're the best I've ever used.
They sound tough. Are they aluminium?

I have cases that came with my vintage kit. I'm not really sure how they protect anything. Its like a fiberous plastic/cardboard type material, no lining either. They may have been awesome back in the day, I have no idea. Pretty sure I could jab a pen through them.

Wish I lived back in the day. Everything sounds like it was better then.

i use all ahead cases, i have a 14x8 case and the handle goes over the hump, so im not sure why yours is on the side, unless theyve changed production?

iused to be Protection racket, butmy drums were too tight a fit in their cases, so i swapped and couldnt be happier :)

They sound tough. Are they aluminium?

I have cases that came with my vintage kit. I'm not really sure how they protect anything. Its like a fiberous plastic/cardboard type material, no lining either. They may have been awesome back in the day, I have no idea. Pretty sure I could jab a pen through them.

Wish I lived back in the day. Everything sounds like it was better then.

AHEAD cases have a polyester (waterproof) exterior with a core made up of two layers of very durable foam padding. Their lining is fleece. They're lightweight and very easy to store. I've had mine for a while now with no complaints. I didn't even know they existed until I started using AHEAD sticks.

Is it the weight of the case you don’t like? :unsure:
Ive always driven trucks so hard cases were a necessity. But now I have a quad cab truck and the drums actually all fit in the back seat. Now with the bagged Crosstown hardware and cymbal bag, everything fits in the backseat, so I don’t need to use the cases. Of course, if I’m moving into an unknown area, I’d probably use the cases still, but when it’s just me moving stuff on a nice day, I don’t need them. The weight is ok.

Back