Show off your Junk (or current setup)

thanks! i noticed when getting it out of the box the majority of the kit is taiwanese, but the floor tom (18 inch) is made in japan. which is rare to find an 18 inch floor tom in the rockstar range as its the 2nd one ive seen in 20 years.
It matters not from whence they came, as long as you can make em sing. This is a great kit

here is mine...luckily sitting just outside of the office door in the band room. My desk is just to the right of that window. Best. Practice. Space. Ever!!!! We use it as the jazz band set at school too
View attachment 97399

View attachment 97400

View attachment 97401
WHA? That’s seriously not fair but is so awesome for you! I’m bringing my kit to the office now that everyone else is working from home. But they’d make me take them out so I won’t. So good for you. You probably get to play like 4 hours a day...Sigh

Thanks. I've got an 18" floor (matches 16") that I sometimes put on the left also. This is my current go to arrangement, but I do like to switch things around.
Switching things around is great for keeping the mind in tune, I move my crashes back and forth all the time

WHA? That’s seriously not fair but is so awesome for you! I’m bringing my kit to the office now that everyone else is working from home. But they’d make me take them out so I won’t. So good for you. You probably get to play like 4 hours a day...Sigh

4-6 hours a day depending on the lesson/rehearsal schedules...I do a lot of playing with the kids...set, mallets, rudiments, tymps

I play for 4-6 hours on my own on the weekends...I am lucky that I can play at any hour of the day or night and not bother anyone

20201027-222904.jpg

I so want to put all my drums in the wife's car and take a pic so I can show off my junk in her trunk. It's been raining all week, is cold, and I dont wanna move stuff 50 yards.
Took me a while to find it, but what'chu gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk?

Old luddies and my Orange + 2x12 plus hardware etc... In that trunk. Toms in the seat though.
FB_IMG_1604043789200.jpg

Took me a while to find it, but what'chu gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk?

Old luddies and my Orange + 2x12 plus hardware etc... In that trunk. Toms in the seat though.
View attachment 97418
Very nicely packed and ready to go to the show

Last edited:
4-6 hours a day depending on the lesson/rehearsal schedules...I do a lot of playing with the kids...set, mallets, rudiments, tymps

I play for 4-6 hours on my own on the weekends...I am lucky that I can play at any hour of the day or night and not bother anyone
You have the best job in the world

You have the best job in the world

yep...I honestly do. I rarely feel like I am going to "work"...only when we are sitting in teachers meetings and hearing "blah, blah, blah" about accreditation and standards and TPS Reports....

I make very little money, but money is not the root of happiness in my world...getting to be 100% immersed in music is

yep...I honestly do. I rarely feel like I am going to "work"...only when we are sitting in teachers meetings and hearing "blah, blah, blah" about accreditation and standards and TPS Reports....

I make very little money, but money is not the root of happiness in my world...getting to be 100% immersed in music is
I'm an art teacher (who happens to be a drummer) and I agree with you 100%. As an art teacher, the only time I feel like I'm at work is when I'm in meetings or doing paperwork. The rest of the time I get to make cool stuff with kids all day.

what year?

1966, except for the 15" floor tom, which I converted from a 70's concert tom.

Back