OCDP Custom made Superman 5 piece Drum kit.

Many of us stated it when this company was in its prime, these type kits have about as little value as an entry level kit today. People spent $3-$5K on a kit that lost more value off the lot than a boat.
Many of us stated it when this company was in its prime, these type kits have about as little value as an entry level kit today. People spent $3-$5K on a kit that lost more value off the lot than a boat.
Thanks for your reply

I loved the time where OCDP was doing all of the crazy custom 1-off's. Heck, I think that's ALL they did for quite a while before selling out to Guitar Center. Idk what this kit is worth simply due to the trends of deep bass drums and super-shallow toms not being in vogue anymore, but I really do love this kit. Thanks for sharing!

The biggest mistake OCDP did was not start an affordable line while they were all the rage. No kid fan of Travis and Joey could afford a kit by them other than the trust fund babies. They missed their window and until their fans are in their 40’s longing to relive their youth, kits like these are practically worthless.

The biggest mistake OCDP did was not start an affordable line while they were all the rage. No kid fan of Travis and Joey could afford a kit by them other than the trust fund babies. They missed their window and until their fans are in their 40’s longing to relive their youth, kits like these are practically worthless.
Thanks for your reply

I have a couple heavy duty OCDP cymbal stands. They are beasts. Twice as heavy as DWs 9000 series. Got 'em at a pawn shop for $50 the pair. One of the best buys ever. Never played their drums, and now that they're part of GC, I probably won't ever.

I have a couple heavy duty OCDP cymbal stands. They are beasts. Twice as heavy as DWs 9000 series. Got 'em at a pawn shop for $50 the pair. One of the best buys ever. Never played their drums, and now that they're part of GC, I probably won't ever.

Those were introduced when GC bought a controlling stake in OCDP, and honestly, are the best products I've ever seen come out associated with the OCDP brand. The bass drum pedals were/are merely OK, as are the hi-hat stands. The actual hardware on the drums (lugs, hoops, snare throw-offs/butt plates, etc.) are awful. On par with some of Ddrum's notoriously bad hardware with high failure rates.

It's been a while since I've taken a look at any of Guitar Center's advertising, so I get the feeling they're slowly phasing the brand out. Probably for the best.

Back