Drum Gear Photography

Although I've got a soft spot for gretsch drums due to Charlie and Tony I've heard some recorded sonor phonics that were eargasmic. From robbie bachman..tommy Aldridge..steve Smith and Russ kunkell my soul has been at unrest. I mean serious turmoil..and I've yet to sit down at any phonic gear. My whole life! I've loved bozos sound but the sonor phonics just cause lack of sleep. Love the lil sonor kit.

Although I've got a soft spot for gretsch drums due to Charlie and Tony I've heard some recorded sonor phonics that were eargasmic. From robbie bachman..tommy Aldridge..steve Smith and Russ kunkell my soul has been at unrest. I mean serious turmoil..and I've yet to sit down at any phonic gear. My whole life! I've loved bozos sound but the sonor phonics just cause lack of sleep. Love the lil sonor kit.

I've loved the sound I've heard on recording from Phonics, and agreed they look awesome but I always thought they look very bulky drums so I don't know how much they'd be "me".

To be honest though, I think I could sit down at any Sonor kit and be comfortable very quickly (unless the dreaded square sizes Phonics ?). Never had an issue with playing or tuning them, even down to the starter kits. Gorgeous drums.

Maybe I’m partial but these have an unbelievable fade finish and as an added bonus they have a rich full sound

Attachments

• 500B9B75-04E8-4F93-A32D-4DCF6FC7C701.jpeg
    500B9B75-04E8-4F93-A32D-4DCF6FC7C701.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 5E11B369-4DA4-4560-8677-C7D20F4C4BA0.jpeg
    5E11B369-4DA4-4560-8677-C7D20F4C4BA0.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 16
Maybe I’m partial but these have an unbelievable fade finish and as an added bonus they have a rich full sound

The superstars are fantastic sound quality for the price point. Really gorgeous Superstar Hyperdrive in Birch came into my work recently and i'm in love with it. Snare sounds like a gunshot, toms carry so much projection and depth, only thing is I wish the bass drum was a bit smaller than 22x20 but hey. Pure power.

Apologies had to compress these to get them to display on here. Rough shots.

Attachments

• 20200828_124552-1.jpg
    20200828_124552-1.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200828_124537-1.jpg
    20200828_124537-1.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 16
Its an Italian guy who now lives in Spain where he makes those drums. He lives in Valencia Spain he told me on FB. He makes cool sets
Ah, I see.
The website had Italy for a while (along with the Italian flag strip on the reso head logo).

Either way, they're very nice on the eyes.

Wow. This thread still lives! Well, here’s another one I did. Three strobes: two on the background and one big soft box strobe for Monique. There’s drums in it. This is the easiest way to eliminate the background without trying to do it in the computer.

797C9307-3A3C-4ECB-BD53-AE446584E705.jpeg

I only take pictures of nature and I used to take pictures of my cat before I lost her.

Digital stuff is so easy to use today. Just get a frame that looks good and then crop to get the balance of the main object and surroundings you want.

A smartphone will do the job today most of the time. With a good camera you get something yuo can work more on, put the object in focus etc... and you've got possibilities at your fingertips they couldn't even dream of just a few years ago.

Wow. This thread still lives! Well, here’s another one I did. Three strobes: two on the background and one big soft box strobe for Monique. There’s drums in it. This is the easiest way to eliminate the background without trying to do it in the computer.

View attachment 95529
So - that's not just a random girl in your icon?
Does everyone know who Monique is except me?

Back