Who remembers this?

mikyok

Platinum Member

Being born in the 80s I used to love this.

Was he drying out from the 70s or had he fallen off the wagon. I'm not entirely sure!

I vaguely remember seeing an interview where he simply said he was asked and had nothing better to do so why not!
I often wonder what the big time muso's do when not touring or recording,and I can understand why so many of them fall off the wagon. With such a buzz from playing stadiums etc the 'other days' must seem pretty dull......

I vaguely remember seeing an interview where he simply said he was asked and had nothing better to do so why not!
I often wonder what the big time muso's do when not touring or recording,and I can understand why so many of them fall off the wagon. With such a buzz from playing stadiums etc the 'other days' must seem pretty dull......

Remember reading an interview once with Keith Richards (I think) where he said most musicians tend to get into trouble with addictions when they are home from tour, simply as some can’t settle and have issues adjusting back into normal life.

Of course, I just watched the whole of that episode :)

I was a huge fan of the original books. I had many of them as a child, but I ruined them. Pity, as good condition first editions now fetch serious money.

As for the more "modern" TV series narrated by Ringo, I think that's fabulous too, and Ringo's soft Scouse lilt really suits the part IMO.

I was a huge fan of the original books. I had many of them as a child, but I ruined them. Pity, as good condition first editions now fetch serious money.

My infant school had a load of the originals, I always wonder what happened to them, it was a second world war pre fab building made of asbestos ???

The only thing left is the air raid shelter, I reckon that's where they're hidden!

Oh man. I was born in the 70s. I have 5 siblings, the youngest being almost 16 years younger. Thomas and Friends was a freaking staple at my house for a while. Videos, books, toys, we had them all. I'm sure I've watched most of it throughout the years.

I always wanted Sir Topham Hat to drive Percy up Barneys keister. Barney had a spot at our house too. I hate Barney.

My middle sister couldn't pronounce Percy. Yes, she called him that "cat" type word. I couldn't help but laugh every time. It never went over well.

Topham Hatt? He'll always be the Fat Controller.
Here in the States he is only Sir Topham Hatt. I just had to look up the Fat Controller. My guess is calling someone Fat in a kids show is offensive. Everything else here is, so why not?

Cant call people fat, cant drop a 100lb cartoon anvil on a roadrunner...

Of course, I just watched the whole of that episode :)

As for the more "modern" TV series narrated by Ringo, I think that's fabulous too, and Ringo's soft Scouse lilt really suits the part IMO.
George Carlin was Mr. Conductor" on that show for a bit too. OK, guess it was an "offshoot" show

Remember reading an interview once with Keith Richards (I think) where he said most musicians tend to get into trouble with addictions when they are home from tour, simply as some can’t settle and have issues adjusting back into normal life.
Post Jam-atic Stress?

Oh man. I was born in the 70s. I have 5 siblings, the youngest being almost 16 years younger. Thomas and Friends was a freaking staple at my house for a while. Videos, books, toys, we had them all. I'm sure I've watched most of it throughout the years.

I always wanted Sir Topham Hat to drive Percy up Barneys keister. Barney had a spot at our house too. I hate Barney.

My middle sister couldn't pronounce Percy. Yes, she called him that "cat" type word. I couldn't help but laugh every time. It never went over well.
My son, now 27 could not get enough of "Thomas Train"! Also (LOL) one of my sisters...Betsy...he couldn't quite pronounce her name correctly either...Used to REALLY irk her...."Aunt B!+(#Y is here"!

George Carlin was Mr. Conductor" on that show for a bit too. OK, guess it was an "offshoot" show
I was watching a George Carlin stand up and he was raving on about kids (and how they bother him) and then he exclaimed: $^& KIDS! And THAT"S coming from Mr. Conductor!"

Back