My Pearl arrived!

Ransan

My Pearl Session Studio Select kit has finally arrived. The finish is black halo glitter lacquer, that is now disco’d for retail, still available if you have time to wait. The color is more like black sparkle until light hits the shell glitter illuminating a halo of colors. - was going to get a nicotine pearl wrap until I saw this one.

I wanted to show a rough draft of the set up. The sizes are 22 kick with matching snare, 8”-13” toms, a 14” and 16” floor tom. I have it semi tuned and can’t wait until I have a chance to really mess with it.
2F973048-C235-43EC-A309-A1B1C4BB23BF.jpeg67DF1D6A-5F01-49B4-8413-5ED59D13D8D5.jpeg333B24FB-4F72-4F49-8A3A-2C21F6843F4A.jpegC057A272-5360-4E3F-94F7-92F1A952133F.jpeg

I still have a few odds and ends coming in, and to get. But, I can now say with excitement that I am awaiting a round of master cast die cast hoops to increase focus, this will be for all drums except snare and bass. Also, as you see, to pay homage to 90’s sessions, prestige, and masters lines, a hazy Pearl logo head. Until I get the hoops, you can expect, I will wait to put the cs dots and ambassadors, and have a better direction of my kit so more pics when that happens.
P.S. I forgot how flexible hardware is nowadays I was trapped in time using my Herc hardware; and, I will forgo a rack as I like my drums low and ergonomic.

Yes I’m crazy for doing this or not getting a blah or a blah, but Pearl was always my choice ?

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
Nice looking kit. But man, those cymbal stands are sure getting a workout.

Looks like a bear to set up too. Looks good though.
Thanks Mr. Bill, Yes they are getting loaded upon, but some of my stuff is countering as well, I have 2 bc1030 stands and 1 bc2030 I trust can pull their weight. Not sure if I’ll add another foundational type of hardware (I have 2 cymbals coming in though).

As far as setting up, I’ve done this for years when I had my 6 piece export growing up, setting this up cold, was a fun road to revisit, sort of like ‘ah I remember how I did this’ and ‘aha’ tinkering moments. It took a around 30 minutes though.
The fun part is removing the heads and tuning them, then the final adjustments.

Thanks again for your reply.

Outlook adjustment: The tasteful and enlightened among us play Pearl. The deranged and lost play other brands. Never apologize for your sanity.

That's just a joke, all you non-Pearl players. No need to take it personally.
Ha! Mr. Jones, That’s going to get us in a heap!
But I can’t be happier with the kit.

Snazzy! that's a lot of drums my man - looks fun!
Yessr thank you for responding, though fun like my vistalites - it is night and day type of fun if that makes sense.
I have really enjoyed my short time with these and it feels right, I don’t feel any dissatisfaction (buyer’s remorse) whatsoever.

That is one awesome set of drums and cymbals. May they give you many years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Very cool! Great looking kit.

My Pearl Session Studio Select kit has finally arrived. The finish is black halo glitter lacquer, that is now disco’d for retail, still available if you have time to wait. The color is more like black sparkle until light hits the shell glitter illuminating a halo of colors. - was going to get a nicotine pearl wrap until I saw this one.

I wanted to show a rough draft of the set up. The sizes are 22 kick with matching snare, 8”-13” toms, a 14” and 16” floor tom. I have it semi tuned and can’t wait until I have a chance to really mess with it.
View attachment 94492View attachment 94493View attachment 94494View attachment 94495

I still have a few odds and ends coming in, and to get. But, I can now say with excitement that I am awaiting a round of master cast die cast hoops to increase focus, this will be for all drums except snare and bass. Also, as you see, to pay homage to 90’s sessions, prestige, and masters lines, a hazy Pearl logo head. Until I get the hoops, you can expect, I will wait to put the cs dots and ambassadors, and have a better direction of my kit so more pics when that happens.
P.S. I forgot how flexible hardware is nowadays I was trapped in time using my Herc hardware; and, I will forgo a rack as I like my drums low and ergonomic.

Yes I’m crazy for doing this or not getting a blah or a blah, but Pearl was always my choice ?

Thanks for checking it out!
Awesomeness! Enjoy! (y) :LOL:

Can you take a closeup of that finish? Please
They look killer
Yes I have been planning to get them out in the sun for ultimate luminescence and glitter activation for a quick photo op.
I’m not a photographer and I haven’t done this kit any justice with my pics.

Those are very nice man! I swear Reverb had a Music City Custom set in this finish not too long ago. I'd like that in a 24 X 16 bass drum..
Congratulations!

Nice! Nothing more soothing to the eye than a fresh set with pristine looking heads!

Back