Custom Made Neon Sign

NouveauCliche

Hey everyone,

Finally got my new baby in:

Had a custom made neon sign for my studio from Neon Beach!

It's silly - but I thought as drummers some of you could appreciate it!

I have to set it up in it's final resting place tonight - but I couldn't help but unbox it and take and snag a pic!!

I present:

RLRR
LRLL

It measures about 27"x27" - clear backing - remote...good times!

Attachments

• neon sign.JPG
    neon sign.JPG
    841.2 KB · Views: 21
Hey everyone,

I have to set it up in it's final resting place tonight - but I couldn't help but unbox it and take and snag a pic!!

I present:

RLRR
LRLL

Love it! I have a disco ball waiting for installation. Unfortunately it's the last thing on the list to do, so it will be a while.

and that is real neon...or LED?

Hey everyone,

I present:

RLRR
LRLL

Beautiful!

Last edited:
and that is real neon...or LED?

Definitely LED. The dead giveaway is the lack of GTO wire, double-backs and transformer.

Here it is set up AND my bass drum head is finished for the Brooklyns!

That looks great! I love the look of neon, even if it isn't.
We make custom neon at our shop and use the LED equivalent from various manufactures depending on the project. The advantages of LED over actual neon are numerous, especially when positioned in an area such as yours.

The drumhead looks great too. Your daughter is a talented artist. (y)
It's been years since I've actually painted one (it's all digitally printed now). Did she start with a coated head? I always found that the slick mylar was difficult to paint and the texture of a coated head made it more canvas-like.
Be sure to post pics of it on your kit.

That looks great! I love the look of neon, even if it isn't.
We make custom neon at our shop and use the LED equivalent from various manufactures depending on the project. The advantages of LED over actual neon are numerous, especially when positioned in an area such as yours.

The drumhead looks great too. Your daughter is a talented artist. (y)
It's been years since I've actually painted one (it's all digitally printed now). Did she start with a coated head? I always found that the slick mylar was difficult to paint and the texture of a coated head made it more canvas-like.
Be sure to post pics of it on your kit.

Yea I actually agree - the LED seems really robust and seems to have a super long life, etc. And it looks rad (and there's no NEON hum hahah).

Thanks - I'll pass along the compliment - I know I was really floored at how nice it came out.

I know a couple of drumhead painters and I was going to pay one of them and she was like "I can do that." - and she did!

It was a coated head - the stock one with the Gretsch logo that it came shipped with - then she went from there.

Back