What's a piece of drum gear that you like the IDEA of having it, but you have reservations or simply no use for it?

A 24” bass drum. I like the aesthetic and sound but I never tried one so I don’t know if I would feel comfortable behind it.

Always asked myself about a rack. I like the practical aspect and the consistency of setting up, but never dared to get one.
You’d love it! (y) :LOL:

Yes. Please post the video, including when the cops show up.
I dont think it's illegal to punch a gong. At least I cant think of a reason cops would be needed. I would ask to do it first.

That's why I'd ask first!

I really wanted him to smack it. Same with the lotus gong video. I want that explosion of sound.
Well, when I struck it, very hard, with a Paiste M8A mallet, the attack took about 0.25 seconds to reach my ears, max volume was at about 0.85 seconds, and the decay lasted a couple weeks.

Honestly, when I struck it, the low frequencies made my guts jiggle. Very weird, but strangely satisfying.

I'll add another item to my wish list: the Remo 60" Tunable Gong Drum. Another gut-jiggler.

Last edited:
Well, when I struck it, very hard, with a Paiste M8A mallet, the attack took about 0.25 seconds to reach my ears, max volume was at about 0.85 seconds, and the decay lasted a couple weeks.

Honestly, when I struck it, the low frequencies made my guts jiggle. Very weird, but strangely satisfying.
That's exactly what I want to experience!

Back